HoS Application: John Johnson; He Who Hides in Disposals
Usual Character Name: John Johnson

BYOND Username: Nameredacted

Recommended by (if applicable): (NONE.)

Times Available: 18:00-02:00 CST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): Let's get real: people who play Security get way too into their batons and tasers to actually play along! They hate to talk to the crew and would rather have their cuffs do the talking. I stare at my tools and wonder what the hell I could do with them. Security, above all staff, speak the least and do the most: they cut through the text and apprehend without rhyme or reason. They don't listen at the best and care not for explanations at their worst. Security is always in need of someone with a head level enough to allow the gimmicks, the nerds, and the grief to operate at its best and make the hard choice of whom to stop. Everyone is allowed their fun, traitor or otherwise, but jeez, is it best to stop a wizard two minutes into a round or is it best to let them cluwne ten people before they go down? Slow rounds frustrate people and force them into the habit of street fighting (it isn't a bad thing, but it is the mark of a slow round), but there needs to be a person to act on the line drawn in the dirt and the HoS is it: the HoS is the person who can directly make the round move towards the shuttle or somewhere else; the HoS is in the position to completely change the momentum of the round from stagnation to something far more active. Only the HoS can change a round around if need be; the Captain typically sticks to a gimmick and sticks with it, but the HoS is expected to identify how a round is progressing. Whether it be by gimmick or progression, the HoS must pay attention to each and everyone in a round and ensure that everyone is enjoying themselves and that "justice" (whether be by lasers or Discount Dan's) is meted out.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I play Security only due to the fact that I have No Preference selected. I mete out justice only when it is justified. I tend to scream, fart, and run away before I pull out my flash/baton/gun. Traitors make a round, as well as the griefers, the shitlordes, and the innocents. I've enacted conspiracies as grand as replacing the Captain with a changeling (due to Katznelson suiciding way too early) as to the small of granting mustache vendors clemency from vigilantes. I've been the leader in how to treat gangs as I'd rather not do anything unless I witness the crime or have someone speak about it on public comms. The only time I pull out the stunners is when I know someone is absolutely up to no good and the lives of the station's crew depends on it: the wizards that throw fireballs and make cluwnes, the shambling abominations, or the whum whum saber traitors. As much as it takes me to draw out my gear, I've arrested and incarcerated unruly Sec and SecHoPs when need be: Ifuk Stones is a recent example of a HoP I had to arrest for Actions Unbecoming Sec. I arrest Bad Sec when I see it because, quite frankly, assholes being assholes as Sec makes my job harder. It's difficult to have to arrest your colleagues, let alone your superiors, when they're shit, but I can do the job and I have always had an explanation while doing so. It's really dang difficult when you have to do the shit, but when the crew understands, it's not so bad. As bad as the rap Security gets, it's one reprieve when everyone can understand what you're doing to your others. (So long as it isn't them, yeah? More understand when it's just YOUR co-workers and all.)

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc)? : No comment. Lock the lockers, close the doors, and keep your gun secure. Use the segways in conjunction with another co-worker to stop Zorato.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.
I have to say, there should never be a security officer who arrests their HoS. Even if it is Ifuk, he's a little bit off, but I don't think he'd do something to warrant getting arrested as the HoS. I imagine that he tried to do something gimmicky that you took the wrong way. (correct me if I'm wrong about the situation, but unless he killed a bunch of people you should not be arresting him).

Also, I think that I've had more than one unpleasant experiences with you, although I don't think you were playing sec and you might've just felt like griefing. Though perhaps I might be getting your name mixed up with someone else's. But honestly, I have to say that by reading through your post it sounds like you are mlre of the play to win type. Although you do sound like you're playing that type fairly and justly, as opposed to killing the hapless traitor spawning an emag in maintenance on sight or something. Still though, I don't think you should be a HoS just yet, so no.
I haven't seen him much, so I can't say if he deserves HoS.

kyle2143 Wrote:I have to say, there should never be a security officer who arrests their HoS.
He was talking about arresting the HoP.
You get my yes, as I recall the round you arrested Ifuk Stones, which would be the same round he got booted from the game for a short while for. You conducted yourself well and kept a level head, despite the massive amount of insanity that was occurring. Again, yes, I would love to see this person get HoS.
Yes from me, I have seen him as a good security officer and he has a good sense of humor.
APARTHEID is a serious griffin' machine and horrible person. Like all of us. So yes.
John Johnson is robust person who takes a "no" after he is dead and spaced. Needs a beret to continue stopping the syndicate nuclear assholes, xeno horrors, and regular space assholes.

Yes.
kyle2143 Wrote:Also, I think that I've had more than one unpleasant experiences with you, although I don't think you were playing sec and you might've just felt like griefing. Though perhaps I might be getting your name mixed up with someone else's. But honestly, I have to say that by reading through your post it sounds like you are mlre of the play to win type. Although you do sound like you're playing that type fairly and justly, as opposed to killing the hapless traitor spawning an emag in maintenance on sight or something. Still though, I don't think you should be a HoS just yet, so no.

Well, I've waited long enough, so I should clear things up a bit.

There's a guy named Clone Johnson who's "play to win"; good friend of mine, but he trends towards being as destructive as possible.

There was also ANOTHER John Johnson for the last month or so. We've been science buddies for some time, though I haven't seen him (under that name) in a while. He wasn't as well-spoken as I, so if he gave you bad impressions, I apologize. It was weird having another person with the name I use, but it made the traitor rounds all the better.
Your character had such a 'generic' sounding name to me that I never really started noticing you before reading this application, haha.
I vote yes, though; John is generally good, funny, and doesn't take things too far.
APARTHEID Wrote:There's a guy named Clone Johnson who's "play to win"; good friend of mine, but he trends towards being as destructive as possible.

There was also ANOTHER John Johnson for the last month or so. We've been science buddies for some time, though I haven't seen him (under that name) in a while. He wasn't as well-spoken as I, so if he gave you bad impressions, I apologize.

I don't think I'm confusing you with Clone Johnson, but if there was another guy using your name then it's possible I've confused him with you. Also, I realized I misread that part of your post about the "HoP' and not "HoS". I may have gotten carried away thinking that you arrested an HoS and ignored some of what else I've seen you do.