Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ai and AI killswitch
Ok. So why the heck Ai can prevent itself from killswitching. It is bad and should be removed. It even make killswich Ai pointless becouse it can just set it off after it get message about it.
I agree, after I tried to killswitch the AI one time and the AI turned it off and then locked me out from crossing the Airbridge for 75% of the round. I just tend to ignore the Killswitch all together and just walk in and laser the AI to death. But since the AI can turn it's own killswitch off then two things need to happen. Either take it's killswitch away cause there is no point if it can turn it off OR make it so where they can't turn their off their own killswitch. There may be reasons for it being this way but I have no idea what those reasons are.
Cut the camera and then killswitch it, so it doesn't have the interface up and can't see it.
cgrn10 Wrote:Cut the camera and then killswitch it, so it doesn't have the interface up and can't see it.
I feel like a idiot for never thinking of this.
cgrn10 Wrote:Cut the camera and then killswitch it, so it doesn't have the interface up and can't see it.
I can confirm that, if the AI already has its interface up BEFORE you cut the cameras, it can still veto your killswitch.

I once played a round in which I was an AI player and there was a traitor (the sole traitor of the round, mind) who was trying to permanently remove me. He tried damn near every single method of blocking off my access to the killswitch, then tried busting into my core. It was an incredibly valiant effort and it almost worked, but the entire time, this dude completely neglected the infinitely easier and more simplistic method of just uploading a loophole-proof suicide law and calling it a day.

The AI killswitch, as far as I'm able to discern is primarily used to deal with situations where a traitor decides to emag all of the cyborgs and destroying them all individually is impractical and/or impossible. If permanently removing the AI was as simple as pushing a single button on a computer with little to no other setup required aside from dealing with the turret in the room, then rogue AIs would never be a problem ever.

And, as has been stated above, trying to use the killswitch to kill the AI is completely unnecessary when you have the power to just TELL the AI to kill itself via the Upload.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:The AI killswitch, as far as I'm able to discern is primarily used to deal with situations where a traitor decides to emag all of the cyborgs and destroying them all individually is impractical and/or impossible.
Maybe it's been changed or I was mistaken but IIRC emagged borgs don't even show up on the killswitch list. They are removed from the system completely, even reset/re-uploading laws doesn't fix them.
You might be confusing them with Syndieborgs, but maybe that's the case for both, not sure.
Emagged borgs show on the console, but ignore killswitching.
Oh. Maybe to help those traitors who have the "kill all borgs" objective and are actually following their objectives like some insane person, then? I dunno.