Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online SS13 DnD 2: Syndie RPG
Seeing as how many people have not given me time constraints, I've gone and decided on a time. Please let me know if this does not work for you. As for the day for the day of the week, as I said it would be a weekend, so either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If you have a preference please say so below, otherwise we'll go with whichever has the most people saying that they prefer it. If you explicitly can't do a day please say so now because once this is set in stone I'll be very hesitant to change it.

Breaking News Developing... 17:30 Pacific / 18:30 Mountain / 19:30 Central / 20:30 Eastern / 10:30(NextDay) JapanStandard Breaking News Developing...

Here's a strawpoll where everyone can go and vote and stuff. Please, please, please, if you say "This time doesn't work for me" then say so in the forums as well so I know who to talk to. Also, please don't vote unless you actually plan on playing, otherwise you're just making my job harder!
http://www.strawpoll.me/3525226
Five people said Saturday works for them but there's only three people that said the time worked and only one that said it didn't, and yet I don't see a post here about who said it didn't work for them, I'm no expert but something's up. Anywho, I think Saturday at the aforementioned time would seem to work pretty well, not today obviously, but ill have a link to the campaign posted tomorrow.
That time should work for me (just gotta substitute booze with coffee, I guess). Were you thinking of running this coming weekend? I'll lock in my schedule if that's the case.

One more nitpicky question: will this campaign be a series of one-shots, or is it a continuous thing? Like, if we join in will it destroy everything if we can't make it every weekend? I can already forsee missing a few sessions (Sundays being what they are) and if it's easier for me to just bow out, I'll understand!
There's going to be some continuity, that is to say, characters are going to talk to one another and whatnot, but there's no pressure to make it to every session. Can't show up one day? Your character's probably taking the mission off. The only adverse effect that this could possibly cause is making it a bit more challenging for the rest of the group, but Im planning on scaling difficulty based on how many people show up so that's a bit of a moot point.

As per first meeting, yes, THIS COMING SATURDAY, the 7th of February of the year 2015 (or if you're Tom Cruiseship over here, then Sunday), will be the first session. Be there or be square.
FishDance Wrote:There's going to be some continuity, that is to say, characters are going to talk to one another and whatnot, but there's no pressure to make it to every session. Can't show up one day? Your character's probably taking the mission off. The only adverse effect that this could possibly cause is making it a bit more challenging for the rest of the group, but Im planning on scaling difficulty based on how many people show up so that's a bit of a moot point.

As per first meeting, yes, THIS COMING SATURDAY, the 7th of February of the year 2015 (or if you're Tom Cruiseship over here, then Sunday), will be the first session. Be there or be square.

Heeheehee okay, sounds fun. Never tried Long War as a tabletop before, but it sounds like it could translate pretty well. Sounds like there will be plenty of ways to die horribly, too, if my X-COM experience taught me anything.

One more question I had: have you ever heard of the system Traveller? It's a bit more complex than Long War, but it's pretty good when it comes to high-risk (failure and death) space adventures. Back in college we ran a campaign or two and it was pretty great.
Ooooookay so I hate to be a ding dong about this, but something came up on my end and I'm gonna be busy for the majority of (my) Sunday. I'll try to check out the next one, though!
BruiseCruise Wrote:Ooooookay so I hate to be a ding dong about this, but something came up on my end and I'm gonna be busy for the majority of (my) Sunday. I'll try to check out the next one, though!
The sessions are on Saturday, not Sunday.
DyssalC Wrote:
BruiseCruise Wrote:Ooooookay so I hate to be a ding dong about this, but something came up on my end and I'm gonna be busy for the majority of (my) Sunday. I'll try to check out the next one, though!
The sessions are on Saturday, not Sunday.

Sorry, didn't clarify: Because of the time difference it's Sunday morning for me, Saturday Night for most of y'all.
Yes hello, I am Fisk. It is looking to be unlikely that I can have everything set up for Saturday in order to run a good session. I'm not gonna lie, I totally didn't give myself enough time to make these maps and character sheets and whatnot, and I thought a week would be enough, but alas it wasn't. Hopefully your guys' backlash isn't too heavy when I say this, but I'm gonna have to postpone the kickoff of this campaign by a week. I did not anticipate the amount of work I had to do for this to be as high as it was. My apologies guys :c