Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Secret Chem.
As we all know that there is a large chance of that Chemist near you fucking up and blowing all of Chemistry out of the map, Leaving several damages to not only the room, But to you. One (Or More) Of your limbs occasionally gets blown off from said damage be it a Idiot/Unprepared Chemist, Bombs, Sabers, Mobs, Admin stuff etc.
My idea is to add on a new Chemical that Regenerates your limbs upon splash with a possible difficulty of Average
But it does deal a bit of Toxin Damage per limb regenerated.
Is this Idea sounding any good? Please provide feedback.
Chemists can drag themselves over to medbay like anyone else. Which is easy, because medbay is right there next to them. Bonus: right there in medbay is a department whose secondary purpose is the mass-production of robotic limbs.
Nanomachines regrow limbs
don't synthlimbs also exist, and limbs from gibs.

That said a way to use synthflesh to make limbs might be neat
Roomba Wrote:Right there in medbay is a department whose secondary purpose is the mass-production of robotic limbs.
I'd have to agree. Anything that allows medbay to see more visitors other than the occasional raid before a telescience expedition is good in my book, and if that means having to crawl all the way to medbay without legs because of a freak Nitrogen Triiodide accident, well then so be it. Not to mention the tumbleweed factory known as robotics needs a job, and if their limbs aren't going to be as useful, then what can they do for the crew? Other than produce a securitron coup of course.
if you can snag a spare stapler, you can use the test chamber to attach monkey limbs to people
a chem that makes you progressively regrow limbs but with the side effect of making you grow gross useless extra limbs/heads could be p cool
Why not let small doses restore limbs overtime (so you have to continuously slowly inject dosages for it to work), but overdosing affect genetic stability.

Basically use tiny amounts, but don't do it too often because you can get space cancer if you overdose.
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not let small doses restore limbs overtime (so you have to continuously slowly inject dosages for it to work), but overdosing affect genetic stability.

Basically use tiny amounts, but don't do it too often because you can get space cancer if you overdose.

I support this idea. There's already a Genetics mutation that regrows limbs, so why not a chemical way to do it directly with the right know-how?

If there are drawbacks like what is described here, instead of being a complete replacement of Medbay's job of replacing limbs, it would be an alternative to weigh with the current methods. Like: 'Do I really have the time to sit here and nurse my arm/leg back into existence? Is it preferable to just getting a robot limb, or is medbay burning/exploded/full of wendigos?'

I think this could add more options for interesting situations. Maybe even more crime, if criminals use it to give people space cancer on purpose.
Between two options where one has to rely on other people vs handling situations yourself, people will always choose the latter, though. As it stands getting new limbs stapled on is one of the few situations that have to be handled at medbay, and ensure the doctors aren't completely redundant once you've got your hands on a medkit. Most likely you'll just get chemists slapping it on themselves to excess then complaining about it when they meatcube, while all the doctors go braindead because someone looted all the medkits at round start and now no one visits medbay (save to blow it up).
Amuys Wrote:Nanomachines regrow limbs
Houka Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not let small doses restore limbs overtime (so you have to continuously slowly inject dosages for it to work), but overdosing affect genetic stability.

I support this idea. There's already a Genetics mutation that regrows limbs, so why not a chemical way to do it directly with the right know-how?

If there are drawbacks like what is described here, instead of being a complete replacement of Medbay's job of replacing limbs, it would be an alternative to weigh with the current methods. Like: 'Do I really have the time to sit here and nurse my arm/leg back into existence? Is it preferable to just getting a robot limb, or is medbay burning/exploded/full of wendigos?'

I think this could add more options for interesting situations. Maybe even more crime, if criminals use it to give people space cancer on purpose.
This.
It'd make a really useful tool for Antags to use in Urgent Situations such as when the whole station is out for your head, I mean, Would you help reattach that Confirmed Traitor's Arm(s)/Leg(s) after they just lost it from blowing up someone/something else?