Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gain powers by eating hearts
This one seems pretty obvious. You'd have to make a rule saying eating changeling hearts doesn't make you antag, but otherwise it would be fun to eat wizard and geneticist hearts to gain magical powers.
As an antag thing? maybe.

As a thing anybody can do? no.

genetics already exists for powers, and there are people suggesting ideas for cyborg augmentations that give people extra powers.

We don't need to encourage people to eat hearts for that.

I kinda think we should stray from "here's good reasons to outright murder people"

You wanna suggest good ways to murder people? knock yourself out, but suggesting "hey we should give people good reason to kill the geneticists and eat their hearts as soon as you see one with powers" is something that sounds to me like a reason to grief, and by itself is a terrible idea. Eating a human heart to get a small chance to change into a wendigo might be funny, but it seems like a bad idea, unless you're a tator who really wants food poisoning.
You can already eat hearts. I've eaten at least 6 in one round, without killing anyone, in fact I cloned them then ate the hearts from their bodies. You don't think having people fight over who gets to eat the wizard's heart would be funny? You have to get them on an operating table and get the heart out, I don't think it would be that easy to get away with randomly murdering people for hearts, and random murder is already against the rules.
Actually, you can perform surgery on any unconscious or dead body by placing them on a regular table! For Science!