Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make genetic instability scale according to the mutations
Hulk Hogan Wrote:In my opinion, I have no problems with Geneticists gaining superpowers such as hulk, or having laser eyes. Its an incentive to research. Maybe research time should double, to prevent Geneticists from getting mutations so fast. The only reason why I enjoyed playing Geneticist, was because I could have many superpowers. The big issue is that some Geneticists never clone. Some people might have a problem with Geneticists never leaving genetics, but Geneticists aren't the only ones who do this. Geneticists need to clone and the ones who never clone are shit. A quick solution (but maybe not a great one) is to job-ban geneticists who never clone, or abuse their powers to an extreme. I don't know. We need a system where geneticists should spend more time cloning, but on some rounds, there aren't a ton of people dying all at once, or corpses flooding medbay. I might be wrong, but I think the instability system should be fixed or replaced with a new system all together. A good geneticist shouldn't be punished for what shit Geneticists have been doing.

Nah, I think instead of making research harder, they should make cloning easier.

Here's some cloner related things I suggested

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4439

Cloning requires constant babysitting, if I can scan all the bodies, click clone on all of them, and then just load the cloner with body parts, hearts, or brains or entire bodies to keep it filled with biofuel because all the people I click clone end up in a queue, that's much easier then manually clicking clone after every body. You can literally have the chef make hamburgers to create borgs, and there are artifacts to make borgs. Why does the cloner need to be more annoying.

Also the other thing I suggested was let the nerd mechanics build more body jars (the cloning pods) that can be attached to one cloner scanner and computer.

Instead of waiting for one person to finish cloning, you could have two or three people getting cloned at a time with less space then building three whole cloners and pods.

Also for a thing I just thought of now, why not let the QM order a synth meet crate (meat only) and let the geneticists start with a lot of meat in the morgue freezer. Genetics can stock the cloner up with that instead of using monkeys, and they can keep the meat in the freezer inside morgue to keep the ants out. You already have weird crap like lungs in the morgue freezer. This lets the geneticist save on monkeys so they can continue superpower searching.
I left anaerobic at -40 because I thought it made you immune to choking, but at the very least I'm almost sure it makes you completely immune to suffocation damage, in the same way there's a mutation that makes you immune to toxic damage. That is a hell of an advantage when you factor in things like shock.

And honestly, I'm open to tossing stability out completely in light of my personal changes if it doesn't shake out, I just wanted to do a sanity pass on it since I figured I could do that on my own. New Genetics has mostly been ISN's project, and I haven't gotten a chance to chat with him about it yet.
atomic1fire Wrote:
Hulk Hogan Wrote:In my opinion, I have no problems with Geneticists gaining superpowers such as hulk, or having laser eyes. Its an incentive to research. Maybe research time should double, to prevent Geneticists from getting mutations so fast. The only reason why I enjoyed playing Geneticist, was because I could have many superpowers. The big issue is that some Geneticists never clone. Some people might have a problem with Geneticists never leaving genetics, but Geneticists aren't the only ones who do this. Geneticists need to clone and the ones who never clone are shit. A quick solution (but maybe not a great one) is to job-ban geneticists who never clone, or abuse their powers to an extreme. I don't know. We need a system where geneticists should spend more time cloning, but on some rounds, there aren't a ton of people dying all at once, or corpses flooding medbay. I might be wrong, but I think the instability system should be fixed or replaced with a new system all together. A good geneticist shouldn't be punished for what shit Geneticists have been doing.

Nah, I think instead of making research harder, they should make cloning easier.

Here's some cloner related things I suggested

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4439

Cloning requires constant babysitting, if I can scan all the bodies, click clone on all of them, and then just load the cloner with body parts, hearts, or brains or entire bodies to keep it filled with biofuel because all the people I click clone end up in a queue, that's much easier then manually clicking clone after every body. You can literally have the chef make hamburgers to create borgs, and there are artifacts to make borgs. Why does the cloner need to be more annoying.

Also the other thing I suggested was let the nerd mechanics build more body jars (the cloning pods) that can be attached to one cloner scanner and computer.

Instead of waiting for one person to finish cloning, you could have two or three people getting cloned at a time with less space then building three whole cloners and pods.

Also for a thing I just thought of now, why not let the QM order a synth meet crate (meat only) and let the geneticists start with a lot of meat in the morgue freezer. Genetics can stock the cloner up with that instead of using monkeys, and they can keep the meat in the freezer inside morgue to keep the ants out. You already have weird crap like lungs in the morgue freezer. This lets the geneticist save on monkeys so they can continue superpower searching.
Yeah this all sounds good and helpful.
Just if anyone is forgetting that abusing Genetics can meatcube people on the off-hand crossarms TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS