Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO actual admin, LLJK #4 1/19/2015
Around 10:30 AM PST.

I will be forward and say this is barely an admin complaint and is really only here because there is no 'HoS complaint' area, and this was the admin I dealt with. In my opinion the situation I'm going to describe was incredibly shitty and I got irritated at it and the response I received, or didn't.

I spawn in as a medical doctor, mess around a bit, make some floorpills drinks and leave them on the bar. Wander over near sec. I see a guy run buy openly with a csaber. At this point since I just joined I had no idea mechanics was producing them en masse. I mention this to the HoS who's standing right there, Sundance Freely. He responds by flashing me with the guy I pointed out standing right there, farting in my face, and then letting the traitor walk up and stick him with a mindslave implant. I get away from that situation and adminhelp this -

HELP: You: Ok so I don't know how much this matters but Sundance Freely purposefully did nothing when a guy with a csaber is running around with it openly, flashes me instead for pointing it out, purposefully, then lets the traitor hit him with a mindslave implant. This is the HoS.

I get no response. I say on the radio that Sundance got implanted, at which point he calls me shit, and I further explain the situation on the radio. I go over to where a guy is advertising csaber distribution, Sundance comes by. I say 'Watch Sundance kill me for pointing out him being shit' right as he flashes me and murders me with a csaber.

I fire off this admittedly bitchy adminhelp in annoyance.
HELP: You: Guess it's fine for the HoS to just hang around traitors and hope for a mindslave instead of doing anything about them, cool.
Admin PM from-Wonkmin: why on earth would you send a message filled with so much attitude at me
Reply PM to-Wonkmin: I don't know sorry if it came off like that it's just irritating as hell for that to be acceptable behavior for a HoS in my opinion. Sorry.

That's the end of the exchange. So I guess it's absolutely fine to just walk around looking for a mindslave implant as the HoS or something? I don't know, the whole situation seems shitty to me regardless of how bitchy I was, which was not at all until after the crap I described.
I'm just going to respond to this quickly and bluntly as possible. If any admin wishes to question my antics, feel free to do so, but I know this thread will ultimately be locked before anyone can get fart in edgeways.

Quote:I mention this to the HoS who's standing right there, Sundance Freely.

1. It's Feely.
2. You didn't just mention it do me. If you were like "hey sabers around, watch your back" i'd be all like "cool dude, i'll try". You were as rude as fuck as you were to wonk as you were to me. You just went up and started calling me a bad hos because I was letting dudes with sabers walk around.
3. You didn't know of the situation, whatsoever. You admit yourself that you just spawned, and wasn't aware of the 20 sabers going around. Yet you felt entitled to call me bad, yet you hadn't a clue.

Because of the above rudeness, the appropriate response was to flash you and thus fart on you. I admit I was too busy farting on you to notice the implanter. That was my only crime.

Quote: I say on the radio that Sundance got implanted, at which point he calls me shit, and I further explain the situation on the radio.
I was mindslaved, I wasn't nice to you when I was of free mind, do you think I'd be nice to you when I wasn't?

Quote:Sundance comes by. I say 'Watch Sundance kill me for pointing out him being shit' right as he flashes me and murders me with a csaber.
You asked for it.

The round devolved quickly into shit due to sabers everywhere and wraiths. You moaned heavily in deadchat about "how I hang around traitors" to get mindslaved. Those are some pretty serious (and shit) allegations to make, as it's implying i'm metagaming. You want to explain those comments?
It's my perception of it. If I watch the HoS do nothing to a guy wandering by with a csaber in the open my opinion is going to be the HoS is being shit. If you are skilled enough at the game's mechanics to be a HoS presumably you are aware enough to notice a guy walking up to you with a syringe half a screen away. My contention is that you'll just lie about it regardless of what your actual intentions are, so it's pretty pointless to argue about it.

I posted it here, not my decision to make but I felt this needed to be taken past just an adminhelp in game. At least they'll be a record should this type of thing happens in the future.

Regardless of how bitchy I get which I admit I do, I have tried to improve my playing after starting out being fairly shit, and I try not to be shitty in my actions in sever and I don't hold round to round grudges.

This is my side, that's yours, it'll be whatever it'll be.
Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't see an edit button, but I'll use what you said as evidence towards my position.

Sundance Wrote:You asked for it.

After you died you mentioned your mindslaver didn't give you orders. So it was purely retribution for calling you out, not because you were ordered to kill people. Which, in my opinion, supports the idea that you let yourself get it on purpose just so you could murder someone who made a snarky comment that was pointing out an issue they saw to sec.
sorry for peanut gallerying but if you're just posting this bc there's no HoS complaints i'd suggest using this thread that's made for HoS grumping viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4289
Quote:If I watch the HoS do nothing to a guy wandering by with a csaber in the open my opinion is going to be the HoS is being shit.

You just spawned, so therefore opinion was prejudice. I cared not of your opinion about me so I openly displayed my distaste. Nothing more.

Quote:If you are skilled enough at the game's mechanics to be a HoS presumably you are aware enough to notice a guy walking up to you with a syringe half a screen away.

As the hallway outside sec was a bit of a mess, there were sabers going around, text chat was filled with people dying, I didn't even think it was an implanter, I thought it was the hilt of the saber, whom dorks came up to me a dozen times before our meeting unsheathing the blade to catch my surprise, so I chose to ignore him.

Quote:After you died you mentioned your mindslaver didn't give you orders. So it was purely retribution for calling you out, not because you were ordered to kill people. Which, in my opinion, supports the idea that you let yourself get it on purpose just so you could murder someone who made a snarky comment that was pointing out an issue they saw to sec.

It WAS retribution for calling me out. I wanted to silence you and did so. Effectively. You stood there like a chump at the market and let me flash you. Why didn't you run away?

Quote:My contention is that you'll just lie about it regardless of what your actual intentions are, so it's pretty pointless to argue about it.

Wonderbar. Your entire post reeks of indignation and is purely emotion. You're forcing logic where there is none. I'll put it simply:
Lots of bad things were happening
You call me bad
I fart on you
I get mindslaved in the process in turn becoming bad
I kill you later on because I felt like it.
I get killed.
Welcome to goonstation chump. Here is your complementary fruit basket.
[Image: fruit_baskets.jpg]
Sundance Wrote:1. It's Feely.
Why do you even bother anymore. This will never stop happening. Eng Left
Like I said it's barely a complaint against you, I assumed you saw the original as I checked who was on before I sent it. I felt that it was ignored. This is a much more of a formal complaint against that HoS. Didn't know where else to put it aside from some discussion which isn't really a formal complaint or whatever. That's all.
So you're using an admin as an excuse to submit a player complaint, that is fucking pathetic. We purportedly don't have player complaints because a) it's toxic behaviour and b) it can only be effectively dealt with by an admin on the spot. Your initial complaint (via adminhelp) was dealt with. That's it. You can complain about Wonk not dealing with the situation properly, but since that's not what this complaint is targeted at it should probably just be locked.

Following this line of thought, I'd like to note that nothing will happen to Sundance based on this thread unless he asks to be banned or something.
This doesn't seem like an admin complaint at all. This doesn't need to continue.
I think this is an excellent example of why we don't do player complaints.