Jebediah Kerman, Security Officer
Usual Character Name: Jebediah Kerman
BYOND Username: Funk-Tech Operative 1
Recommended by: drsingh, GorillaMyDreams
Times Available: 12 PM to 4 PM, GMT -7

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): Having worked for Nanotransen for many years, I feel obligated to go above and beyond for service. Kerbals aren't the bravest creatures, but I've fought hard to get in to space. Out of kerbals came strength and bravery, I found my bravery through my own hardships, hardships that kerbals hadn't quite dared to overcome.

I was once the thrillmaster, known interstellarly by alien races for fearlessly launching myself in to space with all the technology Kerblin could afford. On my third day in space I was captured by a rabbid monkey hit squad, where I was introduced to the world of interstellar travel. Kerbals were once untouched by aliens, but on that day everything changed. Having been an ex Funk Tech Operative, ex Assistant & Security to various monkey hit squadrons, Mimics, Xenomorphs, Predators, Waldos, including experience fighting the Space Wizard Federation, I have outstanding experience in interstellar warfare and security work. My launching days are far in the past, and, now as a matured member of Nanotransen, having complete Nanotransen police academy, I ask that through the years of service as a Security Officer I be promoted to Head of Security.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I have been hitting the stations since late 2010 starting with /tg/station. My security experience isn't as profound as bubs' (he's security irl) but my security experience on the 2d space man poo simulator is good enough. Aside from the silliness and typing just to get to the 300 minimum word, I generally play security by my own book. Everyone plays security differently and has their own ideas on how to play it properly. Depending on the crime I'll do anything ranging from a quick punishment to jailing. Most of my enforcement involves batoning someone's face and confiscating, that usually gets someone to find something better to do, that's quick punishment. If they offend again it's jailing and confiscating. If it's a worse crime like murder, it's usually lengthy jailing and searching and seizing, traitors get special treatment where I usually permabrig, execute, or “accidentally” let go if they haven't had much of a chance to have fun or it's early game. If someone messes with my person i.e. punching I'll punch back or do something out of the ordinary like that, i.e. you'll only see me beating on someone's skull in with a fire extinguisher as security if they used that very extinguisher on my head several times, they asked for it really, this is a space man game! I generally never do that though since it looks questionable, it's usually out of acts of desperation.

There's all the explanations of what I do as security, hopefully this gives you and idea of how responsible or irresponsible I am. I'm usually brigging someone every game as a security officer. Also I'm finally breaking down and requesting HoS because I'm lazy and need my own office for important paperwork that I don't need other officers prying on. I promise to eat more donuts.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout: It's fine as is, it's functional.

Previous Bans: Horribly murdering on a zombie round, my only ban.
I approve this man. This kerbal. This...crash test dummy for rockets.
this guy is a huge shitlord ahaha just kidding i love you jeb he's a great guy
He would look good with a beret, and is a good Officer to boot. Also he hangs out in the IRC a lot so I guess that makes him part of a cooldude club or something
yes a big yes from me your a great guy! but I haven't seen you in so long have you been playing recently?!?!?!?!?!
I remember this guy being absolutely fantastic from the two or three times I was on the same Sec team, he really deserves the beret.
I remember getting stuck in with Jeb a few times on particularly hectic security rounds and I never had anything bad to say about him. Always professional and always efficient.
He's been around for a long time. He's a good officer and I've never had any issues with him.
red and green should never be seen, except with jeb inbetween.

he should already be a hos tbh, i cower if i see him on the sec team and i'm a traitor or something.
Yes to Jebediah! He's a trustworthy player and good at playing security/command jobs.
i thought this nerd was a HoS already
the fact that he isn't is a bad thing! fix this
Kerman, like myself, is a Jebediah of good stuff, and should definitely get this. I'd say more than me even, he's a good guy.
add him to the list he's great
Agreed, he's a fun dude.
Jeb is a cool guy. When he plays security he doesn't get angry; he tries to get help from station people, instead of harassing them. And he uses his radio to keep in touch and give out information.

Would have posted sooner, but I had stopped playing for a while.