Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff Blob Mode
Marquesas Wrote:The launcher is costly to maintain. It will also do stamina + damage now instead so that one dude wandering accidentally into blobland will not get into immediate stunlock (but will do in a couple of hits).

Is there any way for the blob to spend a few bio points/evo points on a reagent generator of its own? Stamina+damage from the main slime launcher is great, but using a few extra points to turn your side into the assault with fluorosulfuric acid cells or whatever is another. unsmigghh
Yeah, it's unlikely you'll be able to do much unless someone assistant randomly leads some sarin lying in the middle of a blob filled hallway.
Amuys Wrote:Yeah, it's unlikely you'll be able to do much unless someone assistant randomly leads some sarin lying in the middle of a blob filled hallway.

Tests showed the following things:
- Maintaining slime launchers takes one hell of a strain on you. I'm serious, it virtually destroyed my bio point reserves.
- There is an high amount of 'useless' reagents you can get. Fire fighting foam, anti-toxins, welding fuel. You can get a lot of these. They're not powerful, but they make firing the launcher free.
- You can turn this shit right back on the attackers. Absorb an incendiary grenade before it blows up, now you can shoot literal fire. The same crate usually comes loaded with two cryo grenades (freezing bullets woo) and a shock grenade (SHOCKING.).

Nobody, nobody, nobody ever considered that the blob would get sarin. Why is this even a point of discussion?
Marquesas Wrote:they make firing the launcher free.
Well, I didn't know that. I dunno, I haven't directly seen it in action before, and at first glance, it seems like an incredibly situational power. Maybe it's more useful than it first appears.
From my point of view at the moment:

Core powers
Ribosomes: Incredibly necessary. 20 of these will translate to a single spread upgrade.
Lipids: Very useful, though it doesn't seem that way at first. This will provide excess storage of bio points, which is quite useful, because ectothermids and slime launchers will drain them at incredible rates in intense situations.
Mitochondria: Nigh useless with the previous gen rate penalty, however it is very useful now for chokepoint protection.
Wall: Usefulness seemingly degraded with the introduction of fire resistants, however, it still is the best thing against brute weapons and its damage cap mechanism will prevent it from being destroyed in a single hit.
Fire-resistant wall: I cannot emphasize the usefulness of this.
Absorbtion: Nothing provides an alternative to the sheer amount of evo points live bodies get you.

Upgrade powers
Item devouring: Seemingly situational, however it provides the unique ability to get rid of dropped flamethrowers. It also creates deposits which will remove the serious strain of constant slime fire, or alternatively, provide free bio points. All-in-all, this ability complements multiple structural elements and mechanics and probably should be taken very early.
Reclaimer: Converts 5 units of reagents into 1 bio point. Costs 4 bio points, which is refunded in the form of a lipid once reclaiming is complete. Basically, this will take care of all your trash reagents like welding fuel which you really don't want to fire at people, as well as providing ectothermids with much needed points in times of fire. Situational, but a fresh alternative to the increasing cost of generation rate upgrades.
Replicator: A very new ability, one I'm very sure will be welcome. At the cost of one bio point per 5 units of reagents, this piece will convert the reagents from any deposit into the reagent that was originally used for the replicator. You'll want this baby in a hard to access area, which is not hard to achieve considering you can move deposits around with click-drags. This upgrade is as situational as it is powerful - if you manage to devour an incendiary grenade, you will probably want to take this upgrade to fight fire with quite literal fire.
Reflective: Admittedly situational. Also essential if the crew is mass manufacturing laser weapons.
Ectothermid: Situational, but not to variable of what's thrown at you. If you get big enough to be able to maintain these, get these. They will outright negate any fire damage done to an area at a serious hit to your biopoints.
Plasmaphyll: Rather situational, but at the first sign of a plasma canister, you should take this. Even if the fire is already lit, a wall of plasmaphylls can keep it off you. As an added bonus, it compensates its generation rate cost by turning the consumed plasma into bio points.
Slime launcher: I disagree with the situationality of this. First of all, the slimes cause some amount of damage when they hit. This will naturally draw the attention of fighters - launchers will become the first focus of attack, giving you valuable time. If this time is adequate, your attacker will be forced to retreat due to damage. As an added bonus, the slimes drain stamina, a barrage eventually flooring a target. It also has a non-negligible chance to cause the person hit to drop the item they are holding, opening up a chance to devour flamethrowers. Finally, they will launch any reagent loaded, negating the cost of the launch and adding a potential punch in the form of both touch and ingest effects.

All these are being tested though as we speak.
I am looking to add new ways both against and for the blob.
I dunno, maybe another antag on mixed would go and announce to the blob that they have some really cool death chems.
Amuys Wrote:I dunno, maybe another antag on mixed would go and announce to the blob that they have some really cool death chems.

So what you are suggesting is a traitor, ten poison bottles, and his pet blob?

This could be fun.
Erev Wrote:
Amuys Wrote:I dunno, maybe another antag on mixed would go and announce to the blob that they have some really cool death chems.

So what you are suggesting is a traitor, ten poison bottles, and his pet blob?

This could be fun.
A wizard feeding the blob the magic jelly beans
It's really just that Amuys seems to be incapable of thinking of creative ways to use things beyond ACQUIRE SARIN.

That being said, it's perfectly possible for the blob to appear in tandem with traitors. Who can feed them poisons.
Uh yeah, I just used sarin as an example since it's lethal in small doses and a contact chem. Also easily synthesized.
Concentrated initro slime launchers.
get in not go out
Oh dear God, would you imagine if somebody fed it spider eggs or rajaijah? OR BOTH?!

You'd have mad crewmen running around beating each other to death while exploding into murderous ice spiders while the blob just keeps on devouring everything.
Winklabom Wrote:Oh dear God, would you imagine if somebody fed it spider eggs or rajaijah? OR BOTH?!

You'd have mad crewmen running around beating each other to death while exploding into murderous ice spiders while the blob just keeps on devouring everything.

In other words, a normal round of space station 13.
If things get to the point where the Blob is getting access to the hardcore chems, the crew deserves their timely, brutal death.
Karakoran Wrote:If things get to the point where the Blob is getting access to the hardcore chems, the crew deserves their timely, brutal death.
Basically this yeah. You leave initropidril lying around, it's your own damn fault if the blob gets its (lack of) hands on it. Also, the ability to feed a blob hellchems as an antagonist is something I really like the sound of.