Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff Blob Mode
I once saw a blob win because it spawned in kitchen and I passed it off as my shitty cooking and disregarded it like I do every other dangerous health hazard in the kitchen (a hostile blob in kitchen, it can get along fine with all the mold and fungi growing on everything already!). This of course resulted in someone trying to fight me to death for some reason and then we all died horribly to the blob.
I'm going to say it again: reagent blobs that have unique weaknesses and work kind of like golems.

Grog blobs especially
It turns out the blob can detonate canister bombs being deployed against it using slime launchers.

RIP me and the like, 7 or 9 people who were nearby fighting it.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:blobs now have the ability to make slime launchers, which are basically defense turrets.

So... blob is turning ss13 into a tower defense game?
If you think about it for a bit it is a pretty cool idea
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:I'm going to say it again: reagent blobs that have unique weaknesses and work kind of like golems.

Grog blobs especially
Well, if a blob absorbs a container filled with a reagent, they can store that reagent in cells and then fire it at people using the slime launchers. So, if someone's careless enough to leave a glass of grog lying around, you could shoot everyone in the face with corrosive booze.
[img]http://www.emuparadise.me/fup/up/91957-Todd's_Adventures_in_Slime_World_(USA,_Europe)-1.png[/img]
It'd be kind of nice if the blob could bash into borgs, or otherwise have a way to deal with ones that have force shield upgrades.
Berrik Wrote:It'd be kind of nice if the blob could bash into borgs, or otherwise have a way to deal with ones that have force shield upgrades.
That's kind of the point of the force shield.
DyssalC Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:It'd be kind of nice if the blob could bash into borgs, or otherwise have a way to deal with ones that have force shield upgrades.

Annoy the borg to death by surrounding it with thick membranes and mitochondria
Xeram Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:

Annoy the borg to death by surrounding it with thick membranes and mitochondria
That's EXACTLY how you deal with a force shield borg.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:blobs now have the ability to make slime launchers, which are basically defense turrets.

On this note, slime launchers need some work--more power but a longer cooldown, maybe? As it is, each slime isn't very powerful but the blob seems to be able to launch them indefinitely, trapping you in a stunning loop. I've not played blob so I don't know if this is wholly accurate/just a bad player, but it's not particularly fun.
franfoer Wrote:

On this note, slime launchers need some work--more power but a longer cooldown, maybe? As it is, each slime isn't very powerful but the blob seems to be able to launch them indefinitely, trapping you in a stunning loop. I've not played blob so I don't know if this is wholly accurate/just a bad player, but it's not particularly fun.

Just yesterday I was stunlocked to death by a blob, it can launch them far too quickly.
Try not to solo the blob. It's reasonable for slime cannons to be able to fuck up 1-2 people.
Berrik Wrote:Try not to solo the blob. It's reasonable for slime cannons to be able to fuck up 1-2 people.
This. The reason for the existence of the slime launchers is to prevent blobs from getting obliterated by one dude with a flamethrower, forcing the crew to work together (gasp) to fight the thing.
The launcher is costly to maintain. It will also do stamina + damage now instead so that one dude wandering accidentally into blobland will not get into immediate stunlock (but will do in a couple of hits).