Ettore for Head of Beret's
Usual Character Name: Ettore Hector Boiardi/The Brain of Ettore(AI or Borg)
BYOND Username: TheTrixRabitt
Recommended by (if applicable): No one, I think?
Times Available: Whenever I play, pretty random schedule. CST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
I’m a pretty competent spaceman named after a man who made canned Ravioli. I’ve had three years and more to learn this game, and I think only this year, I’ve made some improvements to become the best Ettore an Ettore can be. Now to extend 300 more words about why I want the beret. Guess the start is a good place. Like I said earlier, my days of being bad were pretty terrible. Luckily, I never buckle cuffed anyone! Probably, because I didn’t know how. I have played HoS a couple of times, and I think it’s a pretty calm job if you know what you’re doing, or if the lag wants to work with you. I’m not gonna make any promises on how I’ll make security not shit, set a new standard, less crime, etc. I want to be a HoS for two reasons, to have an extra Head on the station in case shit goes down, as well as another Officer on the station, since there doesn’t seem to be many officers around these days. The other reason to wanting to be the HoS, is due to a round I played the other day as an officer. In which a traitor HoP, I hope he was a traitor, was giving out all access ID’s and immediately some shit began to take all the lockers out of Sec and give it to whoever passed by like some sort of dumb Robin Hood. In short, we were extremely understaffed and security pretty much consisted of some guy, Grace Schiff as detective, and me. By the end we all seemed to give up and security became a useless room, and people. The reason I tie this back to the HoS is because we lacked one, and we had no one to scare or knock some sense into the HoP or any idiots that began to raid security. Not to say, the HoS should go all supercop on revengeance, but we really needed someone with some sorta respect from the crew. A man with cool hat can do things like that bring some sorta justice to the station, a good amount of the time. Having an extra head, and security officer would be extremely helpful, and I’d say I can be trusted with the armory and whatever goodies are in there.
Security Experience (300 word minimum):
With three years of spaceman cop experience under my belt, I decided that I can probably wear the red beret with some sort of respect. My security experience began pretty rough. The shortest way I can put is, I was basically trying to the most super cop around, but this meant no fun for you! Would go around stunning people for being dumb, like farting on a fellow officer, throwing pies at me, or wearing any sort of gear that was security related. It’s a damn miracle that I was never jobbanned from security. Then during summer, I began to wise up. I stopped doing the dumb arrests over petty things, didn’t brig people for insane amounts of time, and most importantly, stopped taking the game so serious. That’s not to say I’ve been perfect since then, I do make fuck ups every here and now, because that’s just who I am. Around this time I began to be as helpful as possible to any people, which was a nice change of pace as an officer. My general rule for catching traitors early on is too simply take their gear, and brig said traitor for a couple of minutes, five at max time for me. Also, a general rule I try to keep is to not kill, like Batman would, mostly because being killed by security is extremely dumb and wastes things like the brig and courtroom. As for detective, I never really had any trouble as him, mostly because even I knew I wasn’t too responsible with his gun. Detective, to me, just never seemed like a job I could play a lot because I knew there were lots of people who could do it better. Officer just seemed like a job I could play and wouldn’t have worry about doing too bad with. This all leads to me wanting to be an awesome hat wearing man because I think I’ve become an all around “good” cop, and of course that goddamn red beret, fuck the hat. Also, how the fuck does that hat work? How does he turn from a hat into a beret? Scary HoS Magic, that’s how.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
I have no problems with the layout, but mostly with some of the equipment. The Smoke Grenade gun is extremely useless, and suck when you accidently shoot the bullet in someone. The detective's gun shouldn’t be able to be shot without wearing all his clothes and being drunk, or smoking. Bucklecuffing is dumb, and making shackles is extremely pointless, and I’ve never seen anyone make or use them. Also, why is there only one pair of insulated gloves? Hell, the HoS doesn’t even get any unless he steals the cap’s.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Perma banned in 2012 for calling people faggots in OOC. In 2013 I got jobbanned from heads for gibbing dead bodies and making burgers as captain. Unbanned from that a couple of months later.

Here’s hoping for the red beret and not looking like a dumb blue HoS anymore for me.
A well-written app, and while I'm absolute garbage at remembering people in this game, I am able to recall that just about all rounds in which this guy was a member of security seemed to have a more competent security force, and he actively cooperated with me and whichever officers were around to try and bring down unruly antagonists. Seeing as being someone who I'm actually able to remember by name is a sign of being pretty damn cool (or bad, but that's definitely not the case here) I'm going to vote yes on this one.
An all around cool dude who I've had lots of good experiences with. Definitely competent when needed to be, and handles security roles fairly well. Already a mentor and of sound(ish) mind, he deserves the red beret, barring his inevitable fall into a drunken bar hobo. Make the station safe and proud.
This guy is pretty cool. I've played security with him before and have nothing bad to say about him. So I say yes he would make a good HOS
I support this, by the way. Ettore's a coole duder.
[Image: HdmvgzL.png]
How can you guys support such a monster. Until this is removed I have no choice but to abstain from voting.

(Also this guy can have my yes, he's a well intentioned guy who knows a good deal of stuff, and while I haven't seen him play Sec often, the times I have seen him do it he's played it rather well.)
I played security with him pretty recently he knew what he was doing, and kept a cool level head when it all hit the fan. So its a yes from me for HoS.
This ravioli can be goofy at times, but he balances it by being robust and knowing the complicated unwritten goon justice system. Yes