Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VAMPIRE REVAMP TAKE 2 (Very Work In Progress Idea)
THE SCOOP
Power families:
I. Blood Control
II. Blood Expansion
III. Blood Magic
IV. Blood Summoning
V. Vampirism

Five "families" of powers and four "tiers" for each family

- You can only access Tier 2/3 of Blood ____ if you have the Tier 1/2 of Blood ____
- You get one "level up" for every 500 units of blood consumed
- Each "blood level up" you get allows you to unlock 1 power
- On spawn, you pick 1 power family to permanently lose access to
- You start with Tier I of each power family you're allowed
- The Vampirism Power family is required

Preferred Blood Type:

- A randomly assigned blood type is "delicious" to the vampire. Heals damage and offers 1.25 times the blood points when consumed (People looking through medical records for B+ blood are supicious!!)

BLOOD CONTROL
Still Blood (Tier 1 Power) (I)
- Gives them a temporary heart failure that cause oxyloss (they can't breathe! Therefore cannot call for help) (Requires Touch)

Freeze Blood (Tier 2 Power) (I)
- Completely stops their heart (requires touch)

Blood Puppet (Tier 3 Power): (I)
- Temporarily turn a single target into a hostile NPC for a number of seconds equal to 1/10 their amount of blood * rand(1,2) (e.g., at 500 blood, 50-100 seconds, at 250 blood, 25-50 seconds) They take 1 bruteloss every second they are a puppet (Requires Touch)

Thrall (Tier 4 Power): (I)
- Someone's blood permanently obeys you! They are a mindslave to your whims! (Requires Touch)

BLOOD EXPANSION
Blood Walking (Tier 1 Power) (II)
- lets out some bloodsmoke that you can't slip on yourself/makes you unable to slip on blood in general while it's active?
- flee, flee, run away

Boil Blood (Tier 2 Power): (II)
- Deal 0.2 heat damage for each blood unit the target has (500 = 100 damage) and causes them to evaporate out 1/5 (500 = 100) of their blood (no bleeding damage dealt). Deals a lot of damage but makes them less tasty!! The evaporated blood turns into a red mist and is super obvious (does not leave blood decals) (Requires Touch)

Blood Swelling (Tier 3 Power): (II)
- Target produces ten times as much blood as they usually do and does not stop at the cap of 500. Starts dealing brute damage if they go over a certain amount (Synergizes with blood-damaging powers by making them more powerful) (Ideally will be much MUCH faster than blood drain so that you can't feed off one person forever with it as they'll rapidly die) (Requires Touch)

Blood Pop (Tier 4 Power): (II)
- POP, All of the target's blood explodes out of them. All their blood is gone, a misty vapor. They will probably die soon. Does a base 50 brute as their blood just ripped out of every pore, but that's probably not going to be their primary concern (requires Touch)

BLOOD MAGIC

Chill Blood (Tier 1 Power) (III)
- Deal 0.05 cold damage for each blood unit the target has (500 = 25 damage) and puts their body temperature at 0 (they walk super slow as a result)

Blood Stamina (Tier 2 Power) (III)
- assigns 100 blood points to become 300 temporary stamina points (they don't go away but don't regenerate)

Blood Shield (Tier 3 Power) (III)
- For 60 seconds, all damage is dealt to blood reserves instead of your health points.

Blood form (Tier 4 Power) (III)
- instead of the weird pseudo-phase shift that doesn't work most of the time, you turn into a blood mist thing
- uses blood while you're in the form, leaves a trail of it

BLOOD SUMMONING
Summon Spiders (Tier 1 Power) (IV)
- These cute little spiders LOVE to suck blood, just like you! They are also very nice tailors, and will sew up your wounds in exchange for the tasty treat (You get the "Spiders" overlay, some fast regeneration, and a high blood loss per second while using it) (WARNING: IF YOU RUN OUT OF BLOOD WHILE THE SPIDERS ARE IN EFFECT THEY WILL START EATING YOUR FLESH IN ANGER!!!)

Summon Bats (Tier 2 Power) (IV)
- Dawwww!!!! C: These little guys want to play with your friends! Unfortunately for your "friends", their definition of "play" is savagely biting them

Summon Blacker Widow (Tier 3 Power) (IV)
- Call forth a giant ass spider with a deadly as fuck bite that protects you as if you were a bee-mom. DO NOT MESS WITH SPIDER-MAMA

Summon Vampire Bats (Tier 4 Power) (IV)
- Summons 2 Dire Bats that screech when summoned and ravenously suck the blood out of the first poor sap they see

VAMPIRISM
Blood Smelling (Tier 1 Power) (V)
- An overlay goes over blood-sucking-eligible targets that can be seen through walls and is a deeper red depending on amount of blood (WHITE IF PREFERED BLOOD TYPE. Tasty!)

Shadow Cloak (Tier 2 Power) (V)
- Vampire can fade into shadows if he is standing in a dark place for a time.

Coffin Stasis (Tier 3 Power) (V)

- If you use this verb inside a coffin, you will go to sleep. After 1 minute, you will wake up at full health with no diseases or foreign reagents inside you.

Bloodlust (Tier 4 Power) (V)
- Whenever you fully drain someone, you permanently gain +50 max stamina, run 1.5x as fast for 1 minute, and gain free blood smelling for 2 minutes.
Are they limited to one family tree, or could they invest points into another tree and have two lower level spells from two families? (This should probably be limited to only two families).
How about we just have a big pool of spells/abilities we can choose
Zadeon Wrote:Are they limited to one family tree, or could they invest points into another tree and have two lower level spells from two families? (This should probably be limited to only two families).
you pick one (two?) families to drop at spawn, then get the tier one ability of each family you have. as you get blood, you get the ability to purchase the next power in line in one of your families, in any order you choose.
Amuys Wrote:How about we just have a big pool of spells/abilities we can choose
the point of this is to encourage diversity in how the role is played, as well as produce a sort of clear theme and progression. it'd make vampire a wholely unique antagonist all into it's own, and what you're suggesting would just make them a reskinned wizard, which is the exact opposite direction I want to bring this
I like the progression and ability tiers and trees. I think they could use a little more shuffling around? Like, for instance, if we look at Tier 1 abilities, only two of them will actually help you catch victims, Still Blood and Chill Blood, and they are in two different families.

I think maybe a better way to go about this would be to break the ability families up into clear Offensive/Defensive/Supportive and so on categories, making all family trees open with the first tiers free but weak, and then limiting how many times you can upgrade so that you can't reach all the highest tiers in each family.