Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Vampire Fun (again?)
Vampire just isn't fun. I know a lot of people have actually taken Vamp off their preferences because of it. Your early game is ass, your abilities aren't satisfying to use, have long cooldowns or cost a lot of blood, and you are ALWAYS going to think about your bigger brother, the Changeling - "I'm just a shittier version of Changeling, why can't I be him instead?" Doesn't help that vampire was on the recieving end of many nerfs - admittedly well deserved - a few months ago, but then got kicked in the balls AGAIN by making hypnotize fucking terrible agaist sunglasses. That was totally needed.

I have no suggestions as such for actually making vampire fun, but please, feel free to comment and post your own ideas here. I think this is needed.
Legitimately draining blood also takes for-fucking-ever and is noisy besides.

Should vamps be as strong as changelings? Nah, there's always going to be power imbalance between antag roles and that's fine! But they should feel fun, and vamps definitely miss out on the fun factor.

I've got both vamp and ling disabled as I truly dislike just being a murder machine, but vamp absolutely got turned off first.
SgtBriar Wrote:Your early game is ass, your abilities aren't satisfying to use, have long cooldowns or cost a lot of blood, and you are ALWAYS going to think about your bigger brother, the Changeling - "I'm just a shittier version of Changeling, why can't I be him instead?" Doesn't help that vampire was on the recieving end of many nerfs - admittedly well deserved - a few months ago, but then got kicked in the balls AGAIN by making hypnotize fucking terrible agaist sunglasses. That was totally needed.
This man speaks the truth. I played Vamp early today, and realized how shitty his powers are. Especially compared to the ling, the glare and hypnotize just don't last long enough. Glare probably only lasts just enough to drag them to a safe hiding place. You probably need a weapon too, since they can quickly get up can scream. Also, the blood system can affect you kinda bad, since you can kill someone, but they lost too much blood. Hell, the closest I had to getting some blood off of anyone not braindead was by going around the station with a cup, scooping blood off the floor and drinking it. A funny sight.
SgtBriar Wrote:I'm just a shittier version of Changeling, why can't I be him instead?"

This sums it up to a T. Vampires are just lame. Their powers are too weak at the start and as said before drinking blood takes to long and there are just too many things that can cause inconvenience to vampires. I am at the point where I just take vampire off my list cause most rounds as a vampire are mostly just frustrating and tedious.
My favorite thing is when you summon bats and most nerds just carry on about their business like nothing is wrong.

But yeah "I'm just a shittier ling" is hands-down the best way to describe vamp and I am one of the people who disables in in job prefs.
There are a couple of dumb options I could think of.

A. Let vampire turn thralls into extra vampires with enough blood. I don't think anybody wants vampire to become rev or I am legend though.

Still it would be kinda fun seeing scientists stocking up on holy water.

B. Make vampire into a traitor gimmick item, giving it only to traitors who want to run around sucking blood. e.g take it out of rotation and make it a traitor item that rampaging traitors can have fun with.

This would only give it to people who want to be vampires as a means to their traitoring.

C. Give vampire a scary demon kinda thing like skyrim vampires have. This sounds too much like shambler though.

All of these ideas are probably dumb, but they could be fun.
Take away all their Offensive powers, Buff up all their defensive and evasive powers, and make them mostly immortal.

I think I remember reading in a vampire discussion thread once the idea that the vampire could just kind of, stealth bite some blood off people by just standing next to them, without doing any immediate harm, but with a strong chance of inflicting a debilitating disease. I like the idea of the vampire being more of just a harassment rather than something completely life threatening like the changeling.

The most fun I had as a vamp was being a slippery little sass master, Spitting out bats and then misting away and taunting people with overly dramatic gestures and statements.
Glare seems to last for only a few seconds, this makes it very easy to just get knocked on your ass. It makes it kinda hard to do much other than run for mutadone and grab a monkey.
Well if any of you guys played VtMB or Legacy of Kain, I don't think it would be very hard to make a vampire fun
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4136

Let's get back to this thread for ideas. get in not go out
APARTHEID Wrote:http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4136

Let's get back to this thread for ideas. get in not go out

I've been working on it in the background for a bit, here's a new version of the thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4379
Maybe make the vampire able to turn other players into weaker vampires? I mean, isn't that what happens when you get bitten by a vampire? You turn into one? The boss-vampire should have the ability to not just murder players by biting them, but to enthrall them.
That idea just screams revolution, Waffles.

If something screams revolution, it should be administered 12 ccs of liquid death.