Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire hypnotize can fail
Recently overheard a complaint about this - a vampire glared/hypno'd the captain, and apparently the hypnotize is either blockable by something the captain can wear or has some random chance of failing, as the cap was reportedly very quickly back on his feet after only being "hindered."

I've actually had the exact same thing happen to me, but it was a long while back, at least a month - hypno'd at the captain who began yelling for help and never went KO'd.

I'm not suggesting vamps get buffed to changeling levels or anything, but having their primary feeding tool be fallible in any capacity is total butts. Is there something special about the cap's sunglasses/armor causing this?
The rising opinion seems to be that it's the sunglasses, but I'm not sure that's right. If something as simple as that blocked it, it surely would have been noticed far sooner. Vamps hypno sec officers with regularity, I'm sure.

So I'm not certain this is actually a bug report, or just a question: What the heck makes a vamp's primary disable fail?
It's sunglasses.
Maybe they should block Glare instead of Hypnotise, though. That way the vamp can take someone down, but you still get protection against the instant pow! you're down! spell they do.