Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spacemen the Grifening
Telegnats Wrote:A children's card game.

IT'S TIME TO SETTLE THIS LIKE ADULTS!
DyssalC Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:It's not completely that, but I did take a few pages from that, since that's mostly the duel card game I used to play and it's pretty well balanced.

On that note, some playing aids are coming soon. Ish. It's kinda complicated to code.
Oh man you guys are dweebs with your children's card games and shit. Haha, dorks.

... are we getting duel disks?

More importantly can we play this on segways?
Always wanted to do a wizard round where I would abduct victims and force them to play Spacement The Grifening with me. If they won, I let them free with something magic, if they lost, they get cluwned and thrown into the crowd.
We need a more complete list of rules and some card balancing.

Having someone get a level 10 bee with 100 attack and 50 defense your first turn ISN'T fun
Setting up a tempory IRC called #stg so we can dicuss rules and card balances
pizzatiger Wrote:Setting up a tempory IRC called #stg so we can dicuss rules and card balances

Renamed it to STD for spaceman the dorkening
pizzatiger Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:Setting up a tempory IRC called #stg so we can dicuss rules and card balances

Renamed it to STD for spaceman the dorkening

Sorry for triple post but i just realized STD is a bad virus. It's back to STG, please ignore what i said above
Working on a card list over here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Od ... sp=sharing

Just gonna be a list of cards sorted under type with their description and stats copied and pasted.
ripped yu gi oh coding would make this look really cool in game imo
I was told by UrsualMajor that the cards Level/Atk/Def were randomized to throw any rules off balance as a troll to anyone who wants to actually play StG. He said he'd edit it since it seems people actually wanna play.
In my opinion i think this would work better to be more similar to heathstone

Possible Changes

1. In hearthstone you gain a mana crystal per turn which you can use to summon stuff. Once a mana crystal is used it' becomes empty till the text turn where you get one manacrystal and your other crystals recharge. This means you can play as many cards as you want as long as you can afford the card. The level of the card should determine the mana needed to summon it and half of the level should be what it needs for the un-passive ablitys (see below)

2. Less Forced synergies. I noticed alot of cards are useless by themselves unless you happen to have a specefic synergy which is never a good idea. WIzard is a weak fool unless you can spend 2 turns giving him a staff and robes to even make him useful. Departments with heads are useless without their head! Why should you bother getting security if it's has a horrible disadvantage unless there is a hos!

3-Have ablitys that cost 1/2 of the cost of your creature in mana to play unless it states it is passive ablity. This allows for more fun/powerful ablitys

4-Lower the attacks amounts to be similar to hearthstone to make the math a little simplier. The players will each have 30 health and the cards will have 1-12 attack depending on their level/ablity and 1-20 health for level and ablity.
or just play it like yu gi oh
What's Yu Hi go?
confused
OMJ Wrote:or just play it like yu gi oh

from what i can tell, the problem with Yu-gi-Oh or atleast STG is the most of the cards are useless unless you have the other cards you need. This makes the game less fluid in in turn less fun

Here are some cards i came up with that might work to make it a more fluid and fun game (atleast for my hearthstone verson)

http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.ciYhvYWcd9g/latest