Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spacemen the Grifening
pizzatiger Wrote:unless you can spend 2 turns giving him a staff and robes

???????????????????????????????????????????
Marquesas Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:unless you can spend 2 turns giving him a staff and robes

yea, you can play more than one card a turn, in fact you can place down your entire hand if you wanted to and the stuff allowed it.

on an unrelated note, some way to save decks would be fun. or have the decks you buy from the vending machine have set themes instead of 40 random cards.
Isn't the whole point of a booster pack to be 100% random cards?
As someone who played Magic the Gathering,

we're gonna need some universal rules so all of us dorks aren't trying to hurl incantations at each other in foreign nerd customs
I believe that it was suggested Greentryst provide some rules as he is very well versed in MTG rules.
There is a ruleset in here you know. I am using that for development.
Marquesas Wrote:There is a ruleset in here you know. I am using that for development.

You mind further expanding the rules set because i never played Yu-Gi-Oh and from the perspective of a MTG player/hearthstone player the rules you posted don't really seem balanced

EX-I lost a game turn 3 because on the first turn my opponent played a level 10 creature who i could not deal with in the 3 turns it took it to kill me and i could not draw any card that could stop it from wreaking me
Sounds like you've played Yugioh to me. Except in the modern game they'd have taken five minutes of playing stupid combos, ended up with five level 10 creatures and won in 1 turn.
the mistake was in thinking yugioh was balanced. it's notorious for being unbalanced in its current form.

it is simple and easy to pick up, which is why it's popular despite that, and that's what's important to space man card games. speed and esse, not necessarily balance
I think the system behind yugioh is mostly fine, it's just the way cards developed that was rubbish from day 1.
a simple fix would be to make Greater domestic space bee cards require sacrificing a new space bee larvae card. right now you can stack your deck with space bees and murder pretty much anyone.
Push - out of common interest - will probably try to add a rulebook to the vending machine via a PR this weekend. Got college stuff to do on Friday...so you gotta wait for a few days unless someone elses cares enough until then to add the rules to the vending machine?