Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparks from "Overloading lighting circuits" only work once.
i'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but, as the AI, this kind of sucks since you can't really start plasma fires or blow up welding fuel tanks with this method anymore.
You were able to get sparks flying out of the light fixtures as much as you'd want by just clicking "Overload lighting circuits", but now the sparks come out once when the lights blow up and that's it!
You could also infinitely deblob with sparks from light fixtures.
Blame Noah_Buttes.
Feature.
Change it so welding fuel tanks blow up from that one burst of sparks, then. A lot of them are specifically positioned for that.
Marquesas Wrote:You could also infinitely deblob with sparks from light fixtures.
Blame Noah_Buttes.
Feature.

A...

bad feature??
How about blobs are made immune from sparks, then? Because then you also avoid having a constructor borg cycling an RCD endlessly to de-blob a room.
Yeah, sparks ought to be handled differently from fires anyhow. How am I supposed to flood a room with plasma underneath a blob and set it off? Let it just have a universal IGNITE and lose the fire properties that mess with blobs.
That would be a good idea. Stops triggering unwanted fire alarms and catching the AI's attention everytime someone messes with wires/an RCD/lights.
Marquesas Wrote:You could also infinitely deblob with sparks from light fixtures.
Blame Noah_Buttes.
Feature.
maybe you should just make it so that blobs don't die from being touched by sparks
Sparks work far too dumbly to be able to easily uncouple this from deblobbing. On that note, if cyborg spark spam becomes a problem, the RCD sparks can always be cooldown delayed.

Sparks should now instantly set off a fuel tank on contact.
Yup thats less worse?
Thank you for your constructive additions to the thread Klayboxx. Please refrain from further posting until you actually have something to add.
So this means, theoretically, that shocking a door and leaving a fuel tank next to it will make an explosion?
Anticheese Wrote:So this means, theoretically, that shocking a door and leaving a fuel tank next to it will make an explosion?

I think this is great. AI doesn't have enough means to wreak havoc, I genuinely believe.
Count Buttula Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:So this means, theoretically, that shocking a door and leaving a fuel tank next to it will make an explosion?

I think this is great. AI doesn't have enough means to wreak havoc, I genuinely believe.

couldn't an ai simply bypass this bullshit with blob and constantly shock/unshock airlock doors?
BeardedElectron Wrote:
Count Buttula Wrote:

couldn't an ai simply bypass this bullshit with blob and constantly shock/unshock airlock doors?
Yes, but consider that there are more lights than doors, and the lights are in better places to spark blobs.

ALSO, and correct me if I'm wrong, blobs can consume doors, but I don't know if they can consume the light fixtures, considering that they're not actually a part of the wall it's next to.