Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat Resistance is broken.
Doesn't provide laser resist, burn damage resist, or temp resist to the full extent any more,
A side note, it appears thermal resistance gives the correct resistances, whereas fire res by itself does not.
Speaking of this, could you spacewalk with just internals if you have heat resist and set yourself on fire?
Sam Guivene Wrote:Speaking of this, could you spacewalk with just internals if you have heat resist and set yourself on fire?

Nope! The deep cold vacuum of space will beat out any sort of inferno you've managed to start all over yourself.
Did it ever give laser resistance?
Also can you provide some specific situations in which it isn't offering proper resistance?
ISaidNo Wrote:Did it ever give laser resistance?
Also can you provide some specific situations in which it isn't offering proper resistance?
It did.
ISaidNo Wrote:Did it ever give laser resistance?

Was on an extended round a few days ago, in that round I both got shot with a laser by accident and got set on fire. Both times I took damage. In those incidents I only had heat res, later on I made Thermal Resistance and tested it, I was correctly immune to lasers and heat damage.
Found the problem. The heat resistance check was looking for the "Heat Resistance" power, as opposed to "Fire Resistance" - you know, the one that actually exists. D'oh!
Let me know if the fix works.
Oh hey, while I've got you here, instead of making a whole 'nother thread, I've found another genetics-related bug.

If you have existing toxins damage when you gain the Toxic Resistance Mutation, that toxin damage is forever etched into you, unless you get cloned or otherwise lose the mutation. I tried charcoal and omnizine, it didn't heal it. It could probably be solved by removing all existing toxin damage when you gain the mut, or just fixing it, I suppose.