Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChemiCompiler
As far as I know it just mixes chemicals together, so it's as dangerous as the chemicals you mix with it I guess. And uh, no chemical is actually as dangerous as the most powerful canister bomb so I don't see what the big deal is here. Is it really that gamebreaking if someone mixes a dangerous chemical faster than normal?
http://pastebin.com/TN3U933X
With permission of volundr.
Is it really that gamebreaking if someone mixes a dangerous chemical faster than normal?

Yes. The spammed curare smoke was horrifying, and I shudder to think what it would've been like if he was spamming something worse.
Hufflaw Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
As far as I know it just mixes chemicals together, so it's as dangerous as the chemicals you mix with it I guess. And uh, no chemical is actually as dangerous as the most powerful canister bomb so I don't see what the big deal is here. Is it really that gamebreaking if someone mixes a dangerous chemical faster than normal?

Isilkor Wrote:maybe things shouldn't be "horribly overpowered" in the first place! balancing by secrecy in a multiplayer game has never worked in the history of ever.
That's probably the real issue, here.
I'd like to mention that you're basically overdramatizing this and it's nowhere near as overpowered as you make it out to be.

It's also a traitor exclusive item now. RIP.
Good night sweet prince, another casualty of being run into the ground by chem nerds
Did none of you realize that thing was a WiP testbed? It wasn't balanced by secrecy, it was there to see how players would bash their heads against it and see what they got out of it. "It got run into the ground, rip" doesn't really apply to something that was being playtested live.
The chemicompiler wasn't even mentioned until a week ago on the changelog, and the wiki provided no mention of its existence until very recently. On top of that, most average players do not know and aren't willing to learn rudimentary brainfuck to use it.
So yes, it was "playtested" and was "public" to a very small player pool.
Amuys Wrote:The chemicompiler wasn't even mentioned until a week ago on the changelog, and the wiki provided no mention of its existence until very recently. On top of that, most average players do not know and aren't willing to learn rudimentary brainfuck to use it.
So yes, it was "playtested" and was "public" to a very small player pool.
it was in the changelog when it was added. "added a new chemistry thing" or whatever, and suddenly everyone was talking about the Russian hackjob, then just as suddenly everyone except the nerds gave up
I'd just like to say, that after learning the coding language behind this and seeing the capabilities of it after understanding it; I retract all my previous statements, I was mostly blinded by my ignorance of how it worked.

This thing is not necessarily as overpowered as I thought it was. All it does it move chems around faster/instantly. In skilled hands that can be very powerful, e.g creating instant Nitrogen Triiodide smoke reactions. But that is not nearly as powerful as my ignorant mind thought it would be.

But really anything in this game can be like that, and I understand the cries of "too elitist." But it isn't really "elitist", just hard to learn. It might be biased towards programmers/coders, but... Not really. I learned the basics, and so can others.

As someone who doesn't even know how to make bombs or setup the engine I also understand that you don't necessarily have to understand all aspects of this game to enjoy it. And I very much doubt that the chemicompilier would be used to make helldeathchems every round for the same reason it's "elitist": Not many people would bother to understand it.

All in all, I say leave the stationary chemicompiler, and have the traitor item there, too.
I just want to say that i am commonly seen as "stupid" yet i learned how to use it, How is this "too elitist"?
pizzatiger Wrote:I just want to say that i am commonly seen as "stupid" yet i learned how to use it, How is this "too elitist"?
pizzatiger Wrote:Wow fuck you, You just ruined one of the most dangerous secrets and made it so the people who worked hard to figure it out kinda useless because guess WHAT, THERE WAS NO POINT TO TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT ONCE YOU TELL EVERY FUCKING NERD HOW TO USE IT
Frank_Stein Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:I just want to say that i am commonly seen as "stupid" yet i learned how to use it, How is this "too elitist"?
pizzatiger Wrote:Wow fuck you, You just ruined one of the most dangerous secrets and made it so the people who worked hard to figure it out kinda useless because guess WHAT, THERE WAS NO POINT TO TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT ONCE YOU TELL EVERY FUCKING NERD HOW TO USE IT

I was kinda pissed off when i saw him posting how to use it for 4 reasons so i flipped out and i kinda regret it now

1-It's pretty dangerous
2-People worked hard figuring out how to use it yet what's the point if someone who didn't even work for it spoils it
3-All my interactions with noscope so far has been that he's a shitty player who enjoy's ruining the game for other people which goes with points 1 and 2
4-I was pretty tired when i saw that so my normaly "stupid" self was even more stupid
Well shoot, bud. I can't fault you for recognising you were having a bad day.

For what it's worth, even with all the hints here, I still don't know how to use it, and will probably never bother with learning it. I just agree with the whole secrecy being a bad balancing tool. Eventually someone is going to let stuff leak.