Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChemiCompiler
I don't really believe this is something that should be secret, as it has no.. draw to being secret. With secret chems and whatnot I have to actively experiment, interact with the community for hints, and it's generally a lot more exciting.

The only reason I learned this was because the operating commands/language was made available. I would probably have never learned it otherwise because it's not something I find fun in discovering, at all.
lifehole Wrote:I don't really believe this is something that should be secret, as it has no.. draw to being secret. With secret chems and whatnot I have to actively experiment, interact with the community for hints, and it's generally a lot more exciting.
En contraire, Mon cherie! Back when this thing was publicly secret figuring out how to work this delio was a bit rough and required you to chat with others a bit (Hiya Urs), however, after you got the language down collaboration didn't stop there, discussing scripts and reagents to use/what order to use them in is all pretty fun, and often another persons code style can run faster than yours. I'd argue that making the language public only allows for more collaboration and talking about the compiler. You'd be surprised how many people who have worked with this thing are able to help you. You may see a script you've written and say "This is language is so limited that this is the only way to write this" but I think it's quite the opposite! Somebody might come along and say "Hey buddy ol' chap why dontcha flip mixing orders around / use multiplication instead of writing 75 +'s / use more than one data cell." Plus you can always talk to people about the silly booms they made with the thing!
I weaponized nitrogen triiodide today. Quite effectively. A dozen+ NI3 smokes in dark hallways kept a station on its' toes. Also mostly dead, depressurized.

Wish the heating function worked quicker rather than asymptotically but it works.
Maybe to combat copypasting you should replace the builtin language with a screwier language, like Unlambda with a randomly-selected combinator pool.
To be honest, I didn't want to learn it, I thought it was a waste of space, I still think it is/was. I feel like I want something easy and cool and not overpowered to be added to anywhere, because honestly, mostly when I come on to ss13, it's casual time, don't feel well/want to play tryhard games. mad
should have worked in piet, now that's hard to copypaste into byond