Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handy keyboard shortcuts
Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what all the keys in the game do. As far as doing anything, I'm strictly limited to the UI and command panel for a majority of interactions with this game.

I am aware there are keyboard shortcuts and alternate keys that allow for different movements, but what they are is a mystery to me. Right-click tends to crash the game at times and those with shortcuts will beat you in a pulling contest.

If someone could be nice enough to post them somewhere, I and many other players would probably appreciate it. It would make for good wiki filler material anyway, on a control scheme page.
Alt-click: examines objects.
Ctrl-click: pulls objects.
Page down or Page up: changes hands. Not sure which one.
Mouse wheel clicky thingie: Changes hands. Sometimes unresponsive.
I heard there is a keyboard shortcut that allows you to scan through the cameras as AI, does it only work for AI, or could it work for a person looking at the security cameras?
Furbeh Wrote:I heard there is a keyboard shortcut that allows you to scan through the cameras as AI, does it only work for AI, or could it work for a person looking at the security cameras?
For the AI, (Far as iv found) There is the arrow keys and the observe/track command in the AI commands tab.
There isn't anything as good with the security PC. Just the list that pops up of all the cameras on the station.
Tteckk Wrote:Alt-click: examines objects.
Ctrl-click: pulls objects.
Page down or Page up: changes hands. Not sure which one.
Mouse wheel clicky thingie: Changes hands. Sometimes unresponsive.

Adding onto this, assuming you have a numpad (I don't know whether or not you can do it without one):
Home [7]: Drops the item in the selected hand
Page Down [3]: Use the item held in the selected hand. Functions the same way as clicking on the held item.
Page Up [9]: As Tteckk mentioned, switches hands, though usually need to be pressed quickly, as if held down it will switch back and forth between hands rapidly.
End is the super amazing magical space ability of moving down AND left. Very useful for escaping from something like a taser very quickly!
CTRL + UP

Repeat the last command that you entered!
I just want shortcuts for dropping shit and throwing shit.
APARTHEID Wrote:I just want shortcuts for dropping shit and throwing shit.

I would dig a shortcut for putting the clicked item into your backpack.
All the best shortcuts have been posted, I know there's one for rotating items, But I cannot remember it.
Its clicking onto the command tab and hammering the rotate button while standing over a chair as a ghost.
Ctrl-F brings up the expected Find box when you're focused on text boxes. Handy for paging through autolathes and crap.