Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A chemical that delays chemicals
Just what it says, a chemical that preserves all other chemicals from decaying while it is in your system, and also blocks their effects. Used to add delays to chemicals or to keep people alive until proper treatment could be found.

The reverse chemical would make all chemicals metabolize extremely rapidly.
Just call it a Competitive Inhibitor and you have a name that makes sense.
Maybe pills could be expanded with this? Like, it could be a a coating material to have time delayed pills?

I've always wanted to have some kind of thing that hits a dead body with a bunch of healing chems, then a dose of Strange Reagent, to have that slasher movie moment where you think you've killed the maniac only to have them get back up.
Different kinds of inhibitors such as MAOIs and SSRI would be neat; they'd delay the depletion of certain kinds of chemicals and drugs and would require different recipes to make.
My trademark kamikaze pills would be oh so much sweeter if I could delay the reaction. I heartily encourage this.
If I recall there's already a chem that slows down chemical decay, that could easily serve as a base to an inhibitor by amplifying its effects and having it suppress the effects of any chems.
I've actually wanted to implement this for a while.
Marquesas Wrote:I've actually wanted to implement this for a while.

You inject yourself with 5 units of MAOIs.
You inject yourself with 5 units of SSRIs.

It feels like your brain is on fire!
pop a motherfucker with syndisauce, make them hypermetabolize the chem
no
into the ground!
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:pop a motherfucker with syndisauce, make them hypermetabolize the chem
no
into the ground!

Just make amanitin add to the damage on decay rather than on cycle.
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:pop a motherfucker with syndisauce, make them hypermetabolize the chem
no
into the ground!
Are you kidding, amatin, in almost all foodstuffs other than cake, is lethal on ingest, with about 25 cycles of damage from eating a whole dosage of it, from my calculation thats 50-100 damage right there, if you use two packets on one food item one bite has a chance to be lethal and two definitely will be. This only makes an already almost certainly deadly drug make you even more dead. Besides, chef already can readily get prions, of which 5 units exposure is fatal from, and you get 10 per brain burger. Even if kuru is nowhere near as clean you already have extremely easy killing ability. Use of this in toxins is not nearly as much of a concern. What I'd expect to see more of is people spiking healing chems and drugs with this shit to make a longer lasting high or a longer lasting heal.
On that note, hyper-metabolism is already a thing in pathology.