Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn top half of genetics into cloning.
This kind of thing has been talked about before but I'm talking about a specific and easy to implement change. Why not turn the top half of genetics a separate room that both doctors and geneticists can enter? geneticists get pestered less and doctors don't have to break into genetics all the time. Plus with genetics becoming far more dangerous and crazy with every update, it's hardly a place for new life to happen.
Would look sorta like this (this is a quick copy-paste thing so some things are obviously wrong, like no apc.)

[Image: NlbZmkq.png]
Please just move eugenics entirely over to science. Geneticists rarely do their jobs at all now since eugenic stuff is constantly being given no stuff now.
Also someone did that this round and it worked out fairly well, so if we just make the top door to those cloners accessible to medical doctors it would work out very well.

And we probably should move those shitty geneticists (eugenicists in reality) to research. No one likes them just like chemists or the fucks who turn on noise maker artifacts. Or toxins.
If they can't be moved to science at least put some radiation stopping stuff in there. I literally walked into genetics a few rounds ago and I went from full health to red in 2 minutes from the radiation power. That thing contaminates medbay every round.
I'm still an advocate for genetics getting moved into research, but I get the feeling that this simple fix would solve a lot of everyone's problems too.

Also, tangentially related question: Why does the genetics lab have Spectroscopes? What use could geneticists possibly have for those?
I think a button like medbay has for genetics that opens up every door besides the one to maintainece (or maybe all the doors?) would be great.

That or a shield like QM has, where you can just push a button and genetics has an door that stays open and won't shut.

Something like a garage door for bodies.

Half the time the problem is it's kinda hard to see the bodies closest to robotics, and people want in so they just start breaking open a window.

I occasionally check morgue when I can, but a popular method for genetics is just to drag bodies next to the door, letting people just bring the bodies into genetics themselves would make things a lot more conveniently lazy.
I think it's a good idea to divide genetics and cloning, but I think genetics should stay in medbay because it's medical research, just like how chem lab is near medbay.
A lot of radical changes have been suggested. Removing the geneticist job. Moving genetics to research. This suggestion is simple to impliment and makes so much more sense and uses the space in a much more user friendly and intuitive way. A dividing wall would help the geneticists feel more secure whilst also allowing doctors to drop off bodies.
This is what happens after change:
  • The geneticists still have primary responsibility over the cloner.
  • doctors can now enter the cloning room and help out.
  • geneticists feel more secure in their seperate genetics room
  • everybody is happy. Evil people too as now the cloner poses more of a challenge to destroy and requires actual strategy to destroy rather than a super easy to pull of space bombing
Out of all of the wild solutions that have been posted, I think my opinion has firmly settled on this solution. It's just moving around a few pieces of machinery and building a wall with an airlock through the middle of the room. Simple, elegant, efficient, and solves many problems on the side of geneticists, doctors, and dead bodies alike.
I think this is a great idea. It would fix alot of the issues people are having. Doing this or moving genetics over to Research would be a good fix for these issues
This is a better use of all that open space, and it might ease some of the squabbling between the doctors and geneticists.
This would ruin the whole dynamic of geneticists not doing their job though!
This is a great idea, now I probably won't wanna bomb the geneticists almost every round.
It would make people less terrified of being lasered and TK punched by invisible assailants for daring to intrude in the sanctum of forbidden secrets for something as petty as reviving a crewmember.