Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat a brain, get that person's super powers
like the TV show Heroes, that way i can live my Skylar fantasies
This is pretty useless seeing if you eat a brain you'll get a lethal load of prions and die anyway.
maybe it'd be an ability for changelings or traitor geneticists?
salix_catus Wrote:maybe it'd be an ability for changelings or traitor geneticists?
Because changelings aren't already overpowered enough, right?
[quote="Ali0en"Because changelings aren't already overpowered enough, right?[/quote]
oh god. yeah. changelings need a nerf.
] <--- oh look its the missing bracket that messed up the formatting of my post.
salix_catus Wrote:[quote="Ali0en"Because changelings aren't already overpowered enough, right?
oh god. yeah. changelings need a nerf.[/quote]

lings already get a nerf, also heroes was ruined by the later seasons and was left hanging, terrible!! also funny post smile maybe 50% chance of getting prions or powers? I don't know.
don't you know? you're supposed to eat their heart to gain their power, not the brain
What's the point of a brain gobbler superpower if you have to murder people to use it.

I mean I guess it would make for a good genetics traitor power, but a less creepy generic "Power mimicry" genetic power would make more sense.

Copy the powers of anyone near by but the powers go away if they leave you.

When boosted power mimicry could serve as a superpower radar, because the powers only show when you're in range.

For the exact opposite, and hilarious mutation, you'd have disorder mimicry, which causes you to copy the genetics disorders of anyone near by.

That way you could still have a heroes reference, but without the geneticist needing to debrain people in order to use their powers.

Some ways to look at implementing power mimicry could be here

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Replication

For instance only copy a power if you see someone using it, or only copy a power if you come in contact (inject would be better) with the person's blood.

Another cool thing would be animal imitation. see a monkey and gain the ability to climb tables when in range of the monkey, or gain deadly claws when in range of a yeti. etc.

Frankly all of these things sound a lot more interesting and useful then just killing people and eating their brains to get powers, especially since they'd need to unlock powers before eating their brain would be useful, unless eating their brain also unlocks powers that they have but aren't stable.
Give anyone with the Mutagenic Field mutation a mutagenic heart that you can eat to earn that power. unsmigghh