Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firedoors should crush people underneath them
I don't mean gib, but perhaps maybe doing a bit of brute damage and occasionally causing limbs to go flying like frisbees or brain damage. It would be a cool new way to murder people as a subverted AI, and firedoors aren't really a safety feature in practice, as it currently stands on the map anyways! Maybe to prevent abuse, if you did it too rapidly, the firedoors could get jammed with blood and stuff and act as if it was welded? This would lead to funny accidents I think, the detective could be smoking under a firedoor for too long and then be crushed by the firedoor above him, good news is he is no longer in possession of flammables!
Firedoors are already horrible contraptions made by Space Satan already.
I think firedoors should close slowly when the alarm triggers instead of instantly like they do now, and trap if you you're standing on their tile when they finish closing
Firedoors are the allies of all fires. I mean Fire is in the name.
Please no. Firedoors are already super annoying.
itd be nice if this could be a feature for all doors in general if they are emagged/hacked by cyborgs
If this is a thing, then a rogue AI will suddenly be able to brutally injure literally everyone due to being able to trip fire alarms at the click of a button, which makes it more lethal, unavoidable, and all around terrible than electrified doors. No.
Other servers actually have this as well as on airlocks. An AI can override the a safety option and anyone standing under the fire lock or on the doorway takes brute damage and stunlocks them until someone drags them out. It's honestly not overpowered and would be a nice change.
while we're on the subject of fire doors, let's talk about that terrible fire alarm located right next to the teleporter. I literally disconnect it every round and begrudge people whom don't. Please get rid of it! Also I think firedoors should close slower if you're going to squish people. frown
It being something the AI can do by cutting the safeties I like. As a matter of normal use not so much.
Well the other station do have atmospherics that can be controlled by the AI, so that should tell you how much easier (and better) we have it with them being limited to electrified doors. Mind you, other servers don't have hellsmoking chemborgs.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:If this is a thing, then a rogue AI will suddenly be able to brutally injure literally everyone due to being able to trip fire alarms at the click of a button, which makes it more lethal, unavoidable, and all around terrible than electrified doors. No.
yes, this would be a good thing
phart Wrote:I don't mean gib, but perhaps maybe doing a bit of brute damage and occasionally causing limbs to go flying like frisbees or brain damage. It would be a cool new way to murder people as a subverted AI, and firedoors aren't really a safety feature in practice, as it currently stands on the map anyways! Maybe to prevent abuse, if you did it too rapidly, the firedoors could get jammed with blood and stuff and act as if it was welded? This would lead to funny accidents I think, the detective could be smoking under a firedoor for too long and then be crushed by the firedoor above him, good news is he is no longer in possession of flammables!
As many people have complained in many different threads, this might be able to be used to creepily close fire doors on people and make them feel disturbed. (Am I doing this right guys?)

But seriously, I was thinking more along the lines of mild-moderate brute damage as opposed to massive brute. So yeah, it could work in theory at least.