Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gang Wars - Official Discussion Thread (Wonk)
posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=649
Make gang tags please!
Readster Wrote:I haven't been a gang leader since the gametype became proper and not just extended. I assume the names are just a combination of two lists? If so does that mean we will never see the likes of the glorious council, arch rivals to the Tunnel Snakes, ever again? I kind of liked them. They were a true rival indeed. We even came close to making peace once...almost.
Tunnel Snakes 4 Lyfe!
Perhaps special combinations could have a higher chance of being chosen for this purpose.
my first gang round I joined the Tunnel Snake, whose uniform was a gigantic cat head miaow. We did well until we were trapped in the bar and burned to death.

my second round I was a CAT DAD, and are rivals were the HORSE DRACULAS, and the DISCOUNT MONKEYS.
our gang leader was nearly killed five minutes into the round, but I saved them and I got back at the Discounts by bombing them. Then the HORSE DRACULas subverted the ai and tried to stop us, but we killed them in customs.

PLease add this into the rotation, this is what revolution should have been. Also allow Gang leaders to spawn one weapon crate so they can arm up their posse quickly.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
Readster Wrote:I haven't been a gang leader since the gametype became proper and not just extended. I assume the names are just a combination of two lists? If so does that mean we will never see the likes of the glorious council, arch rivals to the Tunnel Snakes, ever again? I kind of liked them. They were a true rival indeed. We even came close to making peace once...almost.
Tunnel Snakes 4 Lyfe!
Perhaps special combinations could have a higher chance of being chosen for this purpose.

That happens already. Name generation rolls for a chance of hitting a whitelist of special names like TUNNEL SNAKES and a few others, glorious council could definitely go into that list. If that check fails, then it rolls over to the part1 + part2 generator.
Cogwerks Wrote:
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
Tunnel Snakes 4 Lyfe!

That happens already. Name generation rolls for a chance of hitting a whitelist of special names like TUNNEL SNAKES and a few others, glorious council could definitely go into that list. If that check fails, then it rolls over to the part1 + part2 generator.
I really need to stop suggesting features that already exist. Hey, they should add doors to the game.
Played a round as a Sec Gang. Research Gang drops an 11x11 bomb right ouside Brig. Bye-bye Sec Gang.
I love this round mode so much. <3
Wasn't enjoying it last night, but to be honest I think 5 hours of anything will knock the enthousiasm out of anyone. It's still needing work/moderation, but really for what it's trying to do it succeeds at very well; it's a funny goof round where nothing truly matters except your attitude.
Maybe if gang leaders spawned as staff assistants then the recruiting would mean a lot more than just; "I spawned as a scientist, we have science".
It would also mean gang HQ would stop being main locations around the station and start becoming self built areas inside maintenance tunnels and things like that. It would also mean that recruiting people would actually involve some kind of politics rather than just they were the first to ask. Just an idea to test at least.
I was just mentioning this in deadchat during a gang round. I think that gang members should have a small indicator in the top right of the sprite like to denote what gang someone is in. I know the reason of each costume is for this very reason, but about 30 minutes in we ran out of uniforms and there was nothing left.

Or something that forces players who join a gang to instantly wear that gang's clothes. I ran into several gang members who were wearing nothing but their respective headset which seemed very unfair because while I had to examine them to tell if they were hostile, they instantly knew. Something similar to how the Cluwne can't take off his ridiculous Cluwne clothes.
Maybe there should be an alternative to kill the other gang leaders?
So that it wont always be kill the other gang on sight.
If two gang leaders get together and do some handshake deals, they would end the war and no longer have to fight each other to win.

So if all other gang leaders die and the remaining have all shook hands and made peace, they will be successful when the round ends.
This could lead to some fun and interaction between gangs.
They could maybe strike a deal where the gang would never kill each other but could still duke it out for territory. (If it shows % of the station belongs to a gang in the end this would make sense)
Or just a deal where they would ignore each other or help each other in a pickle.
But theres always the possibility of the gang staging the peace negotiation with someone posing as a the gang leader just to find out who the enemy gang leader is.

I just think it would make fun things possible.
kyle2143 Wrote:I was just mentioning this in deadchat during a gang round. I think that gang members should have a small indicator in the top right of the sprite like to denote what gang someone is in. I know the reason of each costume is for this very reason, but about 30 minutes in we ran out of uniforms and there was nothing left.

Or something that forces players who join a gang to instantly wear that gang's clothes. I ran into several gang members who were wearing nothing but their respective headset which seemed very unfair because while I had to examine them to tell if they were hostile, they instantly knew. Something similar to how the Cluwne can't take off his ridiculous Cluwne clothes.

I agree with this. Gang isn't about stealth anyway, so just having an open marker that says "hey, this guy is in a gang" wouldn't make a big difference.
As soon as someone joins a gang, let the person see the graffiti icon above the heads of gangsters.

So, if Pubbie Joe joins the CAT DADS who have the red circle as their graffiti, he will have the red circle above his head so all gangsters can see. Pubbie Joe sees Rube Potter, who is a member of the TUNNEL SNAKES, so Pubbie joe sees a big green Z above Rube's head.

Please make it more clear and easier for Gang Leaders to make truces with each other, and maybe add a third objective like: Ally with the ANGRY GRANDPAS. So we can have a little more depth.
The few experiences I've had as a gang leader were rather bumbling as I forgot to tell people about the right click the locker to join, and tags weren't working back then yet. This mode does show promise, and I hope it is kept and refined. Being a doctor catering to everyone is suddenly exciting and dangerous, when gangsters start to raid medbay or just murder everyone on the hallways ( Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g ).

Next time I get to be in a gang round, I'm totally going to make an Archangel gimmick and see how many run with that.
maybe to make spray painting more important/balance out the people trying to claim certain groups/areas, we should make it so that the only people who have access to an are the gang who's got their symbol in it and maybe neutrals

the ai also has access, but has to make a choice; let two gangs fight and hopefully take out a large part of them, or let one gang dominate the area? (also for that to work AI needs new laws but)
rip horse dracula