Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make blobs out of reagents like golems
instead of making blobs out of generic slime make them out of some random reagent. That way you have to analyze the blob with a scientist's PDA and come up with a way to kill it based on the reagent (instead of just burning it every time.) Also I want to see the station get engulfed in grog blobs.
Maybe reagent blobs could be a chemistry thing.

Extract blob juice, combine with reagent, add thing to make it grow wildly out of control.

That sounds like a tgstation animal farming thing though.
nah, I was thinking just regular blob events. If it's just manmade blobs either no one's going to go to the trouble of mixing rare chems or we'll get fermid an initro blobs every round. If it's just a random chem well have more opportunities for balanced/comedy reagents.
What I'm thinking is a whitelist of moderately dangerous chems that the game could select randomly (they would have easy to figure out weaknesses-i.e. you could kill a Thalmerite or ClF3 blob with cryostylane) plus some funny ones like colorful reagent and fliptonium that would just be the basic blob with those effects. The other reagents (spider eggs, poloium, etc) would be admin only.

Alternatively, traitors could by a blob in a jar that they could mix with the contents of their poison bottles to create deathblobs (the blob would cost 10 telecrystals minus the cost of one poison bottle.)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:What I'm thinking is a whitelist of moderately dangerous chems that the game could select randomly (they would have easy to figure out weaknesses-i.e. you could kill a Thalmerite or ClF3 blob with cryostylane) plus some funny ones like colorful reagent and fliptonium that would just be the basic blob with those effects. The other reagents (spider eggs, poloium, etc) would be admin only.

That sounds fun and challenging.

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Alternatively, traitors could by a blob in a jar that they could mix with the contents of their poison bottles to create deathblobs (the blob would cost 10 telecrystals minus the cost of one poison bottle.)

That sounds absolutely terrifying and bad.

You'd have to deal with at least 3 different station devouring, flesh eating, shuttle denying, skeleton creating deathblobs at the same time every round, all round.
At the moment blob is simply a shuttle call. people just don't know how to deal with it. The Chemists and Toxin researchers are meant to be the remedy for the blob. They are meant to be at the frontlines going crazy with fire and completely pyromaniac, this doesn't seem to happen though. people just try to WELD it (as if that'd ever to anything) and then just get eaten. maybe giving the science department a more specific goal (to try and find the blobs weakness) would help remedy this lack of blob fighting action?
Unless something changed recently, blobs aren't affected to environmental fire, meaning chemistry and toxins can't do anything but drive off the welder-wielders who can actually damage the blob.
Paineframe Wrote:Unless something changed recently, blobs aren't affected to environmental fire, meaning chemistry and toxins can't do anything but drive off the welder-wielders who can actually damage the blob.
They've always been effected by environmental fire, there are videos of it out there. In fact any slight increase in temperature will kill them, such as lit cigarettes, apperently.
I know for a fact that I've kamikaze'd a blob as an RD with a pyrotechnic pill mix, so yeah, it's safe to say that blobs are still damaged by proper fire.

On the subject of no one knowing how to deal with blobs: The problem is not that no one knows how to deals with blobs, it's that no one gives a single airborne shit about blobs. I've played a game in which I discovered a blob near the main hallway and starting wailing away on it with a welder after having announced its presence over the radio, and I counted at LEAST three people who passed by me without even a "Hey do you need some help there" or any attempt at assistance whatsoever. However, maybe that misrepresents the general mindset on blobs, I dunno.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:On the subject of no one knowing how to deal with blobs: The problem is not that no one knows how to deals with blobs, it's that no one gives a single airborne shit about blobs.

I'd argue that it's the mindset for mostly everything, not only blobs.

People on Goon rarely care about anything unless it might affect them personally: Giant hull breach ? Just turn internals on and walk on by. Shambling abomination wrestling some dudes in tool storage ? Not my problem! Raging flames of hell coming out of toxins/the engine room? Sucks for them!

The only times you'll see people go up in arms to take somebody/something down is if it has been made abundantly clear that it has the potential to quickly kill everyone (wizards, syndies, Xavieri as any sort of antag, etc).
Winklabom Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:On the subject of no one knowing how to deal with blobs: The problem is not that no one knows how to deals with blobs, it's that no one gives a single airborne shit about blobs.

I'd argue that it's the mindset for mostly everything, not only blobs.

People on Goon rarely care about anything unless it might affect them personally: Giant hull breach ? Just turn internals on and walk on by. Shambling abomination wrestling some dudes in tool storage ? Not my problem! Raging flames of hell coming out of toxins/the engine room? Sucks for them!

The only times you'll see people go up in arms to take somebody/something down is if it has been made abundantly clear that it has the potential to quickly kill everyone (wizards, syndies, Xavieri as any sort of antag, etc).

You forgot to add, Any sort of atang that killing it results in you getting cool toys (clown and clown car)
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I know for a fact that I've kamikaze'd a blob as an RD with a pyrotechnic pill mix, so yeah, it's safe to say that blobs are still damaged by proper fire.

On the subject of no one knowing how to deal with blobs: The problem is not that no one knows how to deals with blobs, it's that no one gives a single airborne shit about blobs. I've played a game in which I discovered a blob near the main hallway and starting wailing away on it with a welder after having announced its presence over the radio, and I counted at LEAST three people who passed by me without even a "Hey do you need some help there" or any attempt at assistance whatsoever. However, maybe that misrepresents the general mindset on blobs, I dunno.
I'd say it's more of a situation of the blob being a huge bitch to deal with.

Flamethrowers? Broken.
Welders? Blob regenerates too quickly for it to be effective.
Plasma fire? Banned.
Fuel Tank bomb? Nobody is smart enough to listen when you say "Get the fuck back".
Smaller fuel can bomb? Second verse same as the first.
Beaker bombs? Too much time for not enough effect.
Eye lasers? Genetics is too concerned with becoming a TKing Hulk with super jumps who can do literally nothing because they don't find those mutations until the shuttle arrives.
Normal lasers? Nobody will authorize the purchase because they think you might be a traitor.

If the question is "How do we make it easier to defeat the blob" then the answer is "Fix the god damn Flamethrower".