Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff staff of cthulu a little
Currently it's easy to get around it not being pickuppable or draggable by dragging a crate or a locker over it and then closing it, which makes staff of cthulu a wasted spell slot. This is clearly an exploit and I think that attempting to do so should return the message "The staff of cthulu magically prevents the (container) from closing!" while making the container uncloseable.
Agreed, there's no point it being impossible to pick up or pull when you can get around that with any nearby locker.
Can't remember, is it meltproof? I remember assistants making glasses of flurosulfuric and tossing it and wizman and destroying their hats.
Berrik Wrote:Currently it's easy to get around it not being pickuppable or draggable by dragging a crate or a locker over it and then closing it, which makes staff of cthulu a wasted spell slot. This is clearly an exploit and I think that attempting to do so should return the message "The staff of cthulu magically prevents the (container) from closing!" while making the container uncloseable.

Make the locker/crate explode like an abandoned crate does when trying to close it over the staff of cthulu. That'll teach them for trying to control the dark magicks.
Why not just make it so you can summon the Staff of Cthulhu to you?
DyssalC Wrote:Why not just make it so you can summon the Staff of Cthulhu to you?
Best way of doing it right here. I think the staff of cthulhu spell should actually give you full recallable wizard outfit so that way if you get stripped and brigged or something you can just call your full wizard gear and bust out.
I think I suggested something similar to that before, a sort of Thor's Hammer effect of just summoning it wherever you need it.
Passing thought: what if, say every sixty seconds or so, melee attacking someone with a staff applies a random spell effect on them? Perhaps it sets them on fire, or warps them away, or blinds them, maybe even cluwnes them if you hit the jackpot. Admittedly probably unbalanced, just an idea. Maybe could be limited to the effects of the other three chosen spells.

Of course, simply being able to summon it back to you, possibly with a full wiz outfit, would be a much welcomed buff.
KikiMofo Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:Why not just make it so you can summon the Staff of Cthulhu to you?
Best way of doing it right here. I think the staff of cthulhu spell should actually give you full recallable wizard outfit so that way if you get stripped and brigged or something you can just call your full wizard gear and bust out.

This would be absolutely wonderful, I have as a wizard attempted to disguise as a crew member only to realize, I didn't pack my robe! So I pretty much spent the entire round devising ways to break onto the wizard shuttle or summon santa so he could nab it for me.
Roomba Wrote:Passing thought: what if, say every sixty seconds or so, melee attacking someone with a staff applies a random spell effect on them? Perhaps it sets them on fire, or warps them away, or blinds them, maybe even cluwnes them if you hit the jackpot. Admittedly probably unbalanced, just an idea. Maybe could be limited to the effects of the other three chosen spells.

Of course, simply being able to summon it back to you, possibly with a full wiz outfit, would be a much welcomed buff.
Wabbajack?
I like the idea of the wabbajack actually.
it should be recallable to you and also it should inject scary hallucinogens and cause space madness in people who are hit by it. because cthulhu, madness, get it
(07-13-2016, 09:31 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I like the idea of the wabbajack actually.

Are you a necromancer? Because you just resurrected this post! a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee
(07-13-2016, 02:24 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 09:31 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I like the idea of the wabbajack actually.

Are you a necromancer? Because you just resurrected this post! a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee

Oh jeez, I didn't even realize how old this dang thing was.

I still like the wabbajack idea, but I would've just made another thread if I had realized this thread was over a year and a half old.
(07-13-2016, 02:17 PM)misto Wrote: it should be recallable to you and also it should inject scary hallucinogens and cause space madness in people who are hit by it. because cthulhu, madness, get it

The staff of Cthulhu is recallable!