Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wire color should be brighter than red like pipes
I was at first confused by the white insulation of the wiring, but then it was explained to me it was just part of the materials system... I said that it being white made it easy to distinguish the wire from red pipes such as the hot loop.

Unfortunately someone has changed it back once again to the very same color as the red pipes, why not color the wiring orange or yellow or just a brighter red? That way when I'm trying to fix the hot loop I don't hit the blasted wires.
Why not green?
Dabir Wrote:Why not green?

Yellow?
green sounds nice

since not many things in this game are green
It would be cool if there was just a plastics analogue (like glass is a thing and metal is a thing)

You could just make wires with customized coating. For instance wires could get so hot they set on fire automatically because they were infused with welding fluid.

Rods + coating agent = wire

Coating agent being specific reagents that could cover a wire.
Also maybe the coating agent could be combined with other reagents, so you could just make custom colored wires (with specific properties like flammability)
Different colors could help with wire art.
Other stations have different color wires... Hell! They have WIRE BUNDLES of different colors that the colors branch out from. With each wire doing something different
Maybe, instead of changing wire colors, why not just change the Hot-Loop pipes to a different color? Red pipes are only used in a few places, as opposed to wires, which are used functionally everywhere.
I had a bug/idea thread about the white wires a few weeks ago: When using a T-Ray scanner to look at wiring systems through the light grey floor tiles without prying them up, having white wire blends in a little too well for convenience.
atomic1fire Wrote:It would be cool if there was just a plastics analogue (like glass is a thing and metal is a thing)

You could just make wires with customized coating. For instance wires could get so hot they set on fire automatically because they were infused with welding fluid.

Rods + coating agent = wire

Coating agent being specific reagents that could cover a wire.

Manufacturers already automatically do this.
Archenteron Wrote:I had a bug/idea thread about the white wires a few weeks ago: When using a T-Ray scanner to look at wiring systems through the light grey floor tiles without prying them up, having white wire blends in a little too well for convenience.

well, that's annoying too.. all the more reason to change it to some other color than red or white and OR changing the hot loop, basically the only reason I ever have to look at the pipes is because someone busted the loops pipes.
make the hot loop pipe some sort of orange. it'll be similar enough that it's obvious what it is, but should be different enough to distinguish from wires.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:make the hot loop pipe some sort of orange. it'll be similar enough that it's obvious what it is, but should be different enough to distinguish from wires.

seems like a good compromise, make it happen, please and thank you? big grin