Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetic Combination Map
ISaidNo Wrote:I'm not going to directly hand you anything. Why would I do that? crossarms
it's pretty standard form to give the names of things as the first hint towards solving them.

see: chems, solarium, chemicompiler, omega weed, cheget, etc.
Oh fine, one freebie: try finding Photokinesis.
Photokenisis status: DISCOVERED! By Kobe Watson. Congrats to him for finding it by accident.
9 new mutations have been added, as well as 18 new combinations, bringing the total up to 60 combinations. (Not including duplicates - IE I count fire resist + cold resist = thermal resist and cold resist + fire resist = thermal resist as one combo rather than two)
To find some of the new ones, check out Advanced Mutation Research. It now does something special in addition to making mutations cheaper to research.
Firstly, awesome. More mutations is always fun.

Secondly, I invite the geneticist community to contribute to the spreadsheet more. We're marking down dysfunctional gene combos now, any dud you find is one I can enter in!
Yerp, I'm clearing my dudlist and I'll start again! Oh man, I really hope some of my favorite mutations are possible with combos now.
Added all* the new mutations, and a few duds.

*All that I could find.
I think metaneural antennae is missing from the list.
Also, yesterday I found a new one that was interesting with only 4 basepairs, all red, all locked and unable to be researched before unlocking. Unfortunately the shuttle was about 5 minutes away and I was body swapped around by another geneticist's metaneural transfer and didn't get a chance to unlock it. The locks were sets of six of five letter choices (A T G C U). I'll have to try and find it on a monkey next time.

Isaidno, I'm curious about something. Why are the codon-like combinations in sets of four instead of three? I mean, I know SS13 isn't exactly striving for Realism, but it seems like an odd choice.

Brown Note is my new favorite mutation, If only because the murderous potential of that seemingly harmless gene is outrageous. I already accidentally murdered a fellow geneticist [as a traitor] with it while experimenting. whoops.
Basically Keelin did all the base work for the genetics system and I just bolted a bunch of stuff onto it. :v
I'll ask him about the blocks being 4 pairs.
Upgradeable injector research that allow you to either (and both) use stored mutations and/or create all-at-once injectors that inject a shitload of things at once for the helpful/HURTMORE geneticist on duty.
With the horrible, horrible thing that is Meta-Neural Transfer purged from the coding, the relevant row and column should be removed from the sheet.

Also, a suggestion: Perhaps you could set up a whitelist of users who are able to edit the document directly? Your thoroughness is truly appreciated, but all of this is...a bit much to depend on one person to manage and maintain, and having a person or three willing to update this alongside you wouldn't go amiss. I know I'd be willing to help out in between sessions of aimlessly flailing around in chemlab.
Good idea. I suppose I can start doing that.

Anyone who wants to get permission to start editing the spreadsheet, PM me and I'll consider it.
shadowdimentio Wrote:Good idea. I suppose I can start doing that.

Anyone who wants to get permission to start editing the spreadsheet, PM me and I'll consider it.

You don't have PM option available on here. Or on the spreadsheet. but you should have my email from my comments. I got some to mark off.
Oh. Well... fuck. I guess people can just request permission here than.
Also, I'm apparently going to need the people who want to edit to give me their emails on here so I can add them, because the spreadsheet is being a bitch and I can't just add people by their names for some stupid reason.