Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetic Combination Map
My guesses are ink squirting and projectile vomit.
Squids jet, writers jet, it must be fart propulsion.
I just discovered one of the two new mutations: Apocrine Enhancement and Chronic Cough combined to form Mass Emesis! My previous guess of projectile vomit was correct, but not only does it let you projectile vomit, it lets you projectile vomit and purge any chemicals in your bloodstream in the process. Testing shows that this seems to apply the chemical's on-touch reaction to the environment, and probably to any people you barf on. This means that, if you put colorful reagent in your system beforehand, you will gain the power to vomit rainbows all over everything.

Also, combination with High-Complexity DNA has failed, showing that it is not used in any combos.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:This means that, if you put colorful reagent in your system beforehand, you will gain the power to vomit rainbows all over everything.

Woo!
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:[...] Mass Emesis! My previous guess of projectile vomit was correct, but not only does it let you projectile vomit, it lets you projectile vomit and purge any chemicals in your bloodstream in the process. Testing shows that this seems to apply the chemical's on-touch reaction to the environment, and probably to any people you barf on.

Please let changelings evolve an upgraded version of Acid Spit that is Acid Puke
The second of the two mutations has been found, and I was right on the money again! Aquatic Genetics + Melanin Stimulator = Ink Glands. The ability basically lets you color any nearby objects, a la Midas Touch. The only color I've managed to get so far is a dark purple, and I'm not sure if that's the default or if the color is randomized by person.
Sorry for the double post, I'd edit my previous one but there's no post editing.

Anyways, I've done some more testing on the new mutations. Mass Emesis does indeed carry the on-touch reactions of any purged chemicals onto people as well as the environment, so you can easily perform shenanigans such as vomiting ants all over people, vomiting rainbows, and you can even pretend you're a changeling and vomit acid on people...that is, assuming you're willing to take the damage that comes with putting acid in your system to begin with.

The normal range on Mass Emesis is 3 tiles, though that can be extended to 6 if you empower the mutation. Ink Glands cannot be empowered, and also seems to have absolutely no cooldown. Not sure if that's a bug or not. Mass Emesis also leaves a trail of vomit in its range, even if there aren't any chemicals present during use, making it a nice way of slipping up pursuers or infuriating the janitor.
This is still a thing!

Manually tested a shitton of different combos, made a few new discoveries, but most of it was just putting N/A's in boxes.

There's a new mutation, Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-R, which makes you say everything backwards. Pretty fun. It, Ink Glands, and Mutagenic Field all turned out negative when combined with High Complexity DNA, so there's no combinations involving any of 'em.

And now some new combos:

Apocrine Enhancement + High-Pressure Larynx = Brown Note
Apidae Metabolism + Radioactive = Blattodean Genetics
Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-B + Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-C = Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-O (this was one of the last two half-combo we had left!)

At this point, the testing's just a matter of rigorous trial and error, which I will be undertaking whenever I have the time to do so. So far, we have 56 two-gene combos discovered out of...however many there are left.
It's not filled in on the sheet so I would to note that empowering high-pressure intestines causes you to explode.
locusts Wrote:It's not filled in on the sheet so I would to note that empowering high-pressure intestines causes you to explode.
Duly noted.

This is still a thing! I've even made some progress and stuff, found a few new combos:

Constricted Larynx + Meta-Neural Enhancement = Telepathy (pretty useful to know!)
Aquatic Genetics + Dermal Glitter = Ink Glands
Chronic Cough + Ethanol Production = Mass Emesis

NEW MUTATION: Eldritch Speak. No results when combined with High-Complexity. Supposed to make you speak in Zalgo-text, l̴̸͇̼̝̜̘ì̢̪̦͇̺̰̘̜̳̦͝k̟̞͜ę̻̦͇͎ ̢̞̗̳̬̟͘s̴̗̝͖̰o̠̟͎̹̫͉̻.̨̘̰͔͔̳͕. Currently bugged and makes you speak in garbage alt-codes instead. May or may not get (or have already been) completely removed, we'll see.
Dactyl Crystallization is half of a two part combo for cryokinesis
I will try to combine cryokinesis with fire-based things, such as fire breath or incendiary mitochondria. I'm thinking that we should combine cryokinesis with chronic cough possibly? Tell me if these have been tested. Also, I'm a geneticist main so expect me to find some mutations.
Nevermind, but I'll still try to combine things with cryokinesis to see if we can possibly get a variation of fire breath, something like frost breath, that is, if frost breath exsists.