Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lollipops and Medbay
How come medbay doesn't have a supply of lollipops to give to good spaceman patients?
And stickers that say "I was a brave spaceman today"
crasscrab Wrote:How come medbay doesn't have a supply of lollipops to give to good spaceman patients?

Trevor Donkin is trying to forcefeed the Meth-Flavored lollipop to Max Buttes!

If they could have different flavors ala Pro-Puffs I can see some good stuff coming outta this. I would love to be able to give lollipops to well-behaved butt-amputees in Robotics.
Make Mutadone lollypops for distribution every time there's a radstorm.

Just give medbay a machine that makes lollipops like bar has the one that makes special ice cream.

But yeah a way to distribute "grab and go" medical lollipops could be cool. Did bar serve too much alcohol? ask chemistry to make antihol for antihol lollypops.

Lollypops would be a really good way to get chemistry remotely interested in medbay stuff, because they'd want to play with it too. "ay doctor could we make explosive lollipops on your machine in exchange for a large supply of synthflesh lollipops.

Say yes to gimmick lollypop bartering
atomic1fire Wrote:Lollypops would be a really good way to get chemistry remotely interested in medbay stuff, because they'd want to play with it too. "ay doctor could we make explosive lollipops on your machine in exchange for a large supply of synthflesh lollipops.
Doesn't synthflesh do nothing INSIDE the body? I imagine lollipops would be a inside the body thing.

I do love the idea of a lollipop machine.

"Constantine Lifeblood attempts to force James to swallow the Spider Egg lollipop!"
There should be two ways to consume lollipops : put it on your mask slot and it will last for a while like a cigarette, or use it like a food item and chomp the whole thing in one bite!
MyBlueCorners Wrote:There should be two ways to consume lollipops : put it on your mask slot and it will last for a while like a cigarette, or use it like a food item and chomp the whole thing in one bite!
I like the mask slot idea.

Also, maybe the lollipops should be an item in a special vending machine outside of medbay? Like, for use in times when medbay is so hectic the doctors ignore the people with stable yellow and orange health, you just go to the lobby, grab a lolli for your specific issue, pop it in your mouth and out the door you go.

The vending machine could be set up with simple healing chems, like salicylic acid, maybe silver sulfadiazine, charcoal, salbutamol, potassium iodide, mannitol, and mutadone. When hacked it could give out some of the more advanced healing chems like calomel, atropine, and omnizine.

I would think that, because these are designed to give off the chemical in them to heal you, the lollipops would dispense more chemicals into your system than a Pro-Puff, maybe like 40 units of medicine and 60 units of sugar over a lifetime of about 3 minutes?
Make it so you can dip the lollipop in a substance to make it [substance coated].

Kind of like pills for kids (and spessmen who are afraid of doctors).
[Image: PkgHByA.png][Image: r9YQh0Y.gif]
MyBlueCorners Wrote:There should be two ways to consume lollipops : put it on your mask slot and it will last for a while like a cigarette, or use it like a food item and chomp the whole thing in one bite!
With a small chance of a tooth cracking and causing a small amount of brute damage, similar to *snapping a finger right off
atomic1fire Wrote:Just give medbay a machine that makes lollipops like bar has the one that makes special ice cream.

Oh! I almost forgot to post something about the disturbing image of an assistant biting down on a styptic powder lollipop to staunch a gaping buckshot wound. v
I wholeheartedly approve this idea, it would be nice to have a few default lollypop flavors like there are ice cream flavors, notably including cherry, orange, lemon, and sour apple.
Maybe this could also be something the chef could mess with? Like, have them mix sugar and water in a bowl, heat it, and let it cool to make hard candies. Add any reagents to infuse it with during the baking process. Maybe certain mixtures make special candies? Like, if spices are added, adding mint makes peppermints or candy canes?

A poor man's pill maker.
You bite into the chocolate-flavored lollipop!
Your teeth crunch into an erebite-candy center!