Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boarding Syndicate Station
the teleporter should not work for people who aren't in the syndicate. I suppose the easiest way to do that would be to check for the presence of a microbomb implant.

reason: There was a recent clarification that station personnel shouldn't board the shuttle unless the Syndicates have the nuke disc and are on their way back, but that still allows a level of annoying metagaming. Can you assume they have the disc if the Captain stops responding on comms? If you see the bridge blow up do you try to help the Captain or just head straight to the teleporter? Or how about just waiting next to the teleporter and popping onto the shuttle the moment one of the syndies says "I got it?"

If the Syndicate gets to the shuttle they should be home free, instead of having to worry about an ambush by someone carrying one of their dead comrade's revolvers. If someone sets up an ambush outside the teleporter on the station z-level, that's still a bit annoying but it's easier to get to the pad and teleport to safety then try to dodge someone on the syndicate shuttle while arming the nuke. in my humble opinion.
The station crew should never board the Syndicate shuttle at any time. Its downright annoying and metagamy.
I was the syndie in the game you're talking about, Mo. I agree that it's really un-fun to have it happen, especially when you've already got the disk.

I think blocking the syndie radio unless you're one of them would be a great start; maybe have it work similar to how the Cthulu Staff works.

"The syndicate radio emits a small beep. Huh?"

Dumb Fartpubbie stammers, "wwwttff bboommb"
I'm gonna have to agree here and say that the syndicate shuttle is for syndicates.
I know theres people who want to be the pretty cool dude who is the hero and kill the syndies 10 seconds before he nuke goes off and saves the station. But for everyone else on the station thats a hollow victory.
When the syndicates have the disk and they're taunting the station on their way back to the shuttle, it feels wrong to then win because someone is on the shuttle waiting for them.
Everyone is just left asking "what happened?"

Plus it sucks for the syndies
Fix the Syndicate teleporter so the syndicates will go to it when they leave the shuttle, but when they want to return to the syndicate shuttle, they can use the remote control to teleporter right back to it. That prevents assholes who want to camp the shuttle or teleporter from being unable too, and also make it impossible to use the remote unless you have the microbomb implant.
I was online at the time when admins had to shout out about the rude people camping out on the syndi shuttle.

Weavel Wrote:I think blocking the syndie radio unless you're one of them would be a great start; maybe have it work similar to how the Cthulu Staff works.

"The syndicate radio emits a small beep. Huh?"

Dumb Fartpubbie stammers, "wwwttff bboommb"

I'd like something like this.
Better: Clueless McStupid takes the syndicate headset and tried to speak into it using the default 145.9 channel. Nothing happens.

Clueless McStupid uses the :h channel and the headset emits a beep and explodes.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Fix the Syndicate teleporter so the syndicates will go to it when they leave the shuttle, but when they want to return to the syndicate shuttle, they can use the remote control to teleporter right back to it. That prevents assholes who want to camp the shuttle or teleporter from being unable too, and also make it impossible to use the remote unless you have the microbomb implant.
That makes it too easy for syndicates to just suddenly teleport out of combat, making them pretty much invulnerable unless you catch them and manage to KO them before they warp away, like fucking Abra.

Katznelson Wrote:Better: Clueless McStupid takes the syndicate headset and tried to speak into it using the default 145.9 channel. Nothing happens.

Clueless McStupid uses the :h channel and the headset emits a beep and explodes.
Leave the headsets alone, syndicates should be wary of using their secure channel once they know that one of their teammates has been compromised.
I kinda feel like ; and :h should be switched for Syndicate headsets or something, I can't count how many Syndicate rounds have been blown almost before they started because someone accidentally typed say ";h We should probably corrupt the AI first or some similar whoopsie daisy.

On topic though, Wonk updated the wiki yesterday to let people know that shuttle invasions are not cool so yeah if someone is doing this shit you should be adminhelping anyway.
Coolguye Wrote:I kinda feel like ; and :h should be switched for Syndicate headsets or something
The syndies used to automatically start with their radios on a private channel (144.7, I think?) and would have to manually switch their headsets over to the main station frequency. While this was annoying, given that syndies didn't have a :h channel, it was also very useful in preventing accidental whoopsies.

I may be getting that backwards. My memory's not what they used to be.
What if the syndicate teleporter brought an operative back to the shuttle whenever he exited a z-level. This way he could head for any point in space, and return home.
It would also help with syndicates lost on a level other than the station's, who often have no clue how to get back.

When a syndicate is at the shuttle, instead, the teleporter would bring them to a random place at the edge of the station z-level.

The only unintended advantage syndies would get from this is the possibility to escape a space-duel by legging for the edge of the z-level. But it's not a given that they will succeed.
Clarks Wrote:The only unintended advantage syndies would get from this is the possibility to escape a space-duel by legging for the edge of the z-level. But it's not a given that they will succeed .
Actually, it's extremely important that they can change Z-levels into the mining and AI-Sat Z. First, how are they going to blow up the AI if they want to?

Second, You know how hard it is to complete a kill in a space duel? Often, I'll crit a syndie and be unable to kill them before they float off of the Z. Your idea would offer them the advantage of being teleported back to the shuttle to be patched up and try again, effectively giving them a chance at "respawning" that prolongs the round if they choose not to succumb (since they're not AWOL) and is generally undesireable.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Actually, it's extremely important that they can change Z-levels into the mining and AI-Sat Z. First, how are they going to blow up the AI if they want to?

The tele could have an on/off switch. That said, murdering the AI is a useless move.

Quote:Second, You know how hard it is to complete a kill in a space duel? Often, I'll crit a syndie and be unable to kill them before they float off of the Z.

This makes a more sense. But it works if there is a syndie at the shuttle, and that's a big if.
wonk told me to post "test"

so I did