Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health and Body Chemistry
Alright, I know that the entire health coding system is a fucking tangled mass of death and unhappiness, spanning light years of code and syntax to somehow give us the ability to fire extinguisher one another in the faces, and that it needs to be trimmed down, modernized, and made better before a lot of things can be done to it. I understand that, because of the former, it hasn't been done yet because everybody looks at it and says "Why bother"...but I honestly think that it needs to be done.
Chemicals reacting with one another in your body would be fucking cool, and having a streamlined and easy to use medical system would fucking rock. I'm not saying make that the focus of your life for the next 5 weeks, but if it is taken in bits and pieces, I think the payoff would be good.
I had suggested this idea a while back by just adding another feature to the health/body system so that it would serve as a container (like beakers, bottles etc.).

But then, as I realized, you have to remember, people will be fucking horrible with this. Everyone hated pathology because it was apparently too easy to grief with (which is why i loved it), but even I am wary of having internal chemistry implemented. It would take all my willpower to not turn people into explosives.

Also, imo it seems that internal chemistry had been disabled. We can accumulate reagents in our bodies like a container but not react them.
btek Wrote:We can accumulate reagents in our bodies like a container but not react them.
Which is also useful.

Don Geon says, "Hey mister vampire, want some of my blood? Use a syringe and grab some"
Mr. Vampire Is attempting to draw blood from Don Geon!
The mixture catches fire!
The major problem with body chemistry is someone will suggest a chemical that makes you explode, then syringe guns will forever be overpowered.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
btek Wrote:We can accumulate reagents in our bodies like a container but not react them.
Which is also useful.

Don Geon says, "Hey mister vampire, want some of my blood? Use a syringe and grab some"
Mr. Vampire Is attempting to draw blood from Don Geon!
The mixture catches fire!

Shit, I'll definitely try to do this next time I'm changeling.
I'd like to bring back up the idea I suggested of putting the effort in towards fixing the health coding.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I'd like to bring back up the idea I suggested of putting the effort in towards fixing the health coding.

i can't say i don't miss how dynamic it used to be, but there's a lot less of doctors accidentally murdering someone they're trying to save now.
Health code is definitely a lot better than it used to be. Anyone remember the fun times when a healing chemical or medkit would directly fix one of the health vars but not touch the associated organ damage... so they next time you took a bite of a donut that update health call would throw you instantly into crit?
Cogwerks Wrote:Health code is definitely a lot better than it used to be. Anyone remember the fun times when a healing chemical or medkit would directly fix one of the health vars but not touch the associated organ damage... so they next time you took a bite of a donut that update health call would throw you instantly into crit?

That sounds hilariously idiotic.
Timelimit Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:Health code is definitely a lot better than it used to be. Anyone remember the fun times when a healing chemical or medkit would directly fix one of the health vars but not touch the associated organ damage... so they next time you took a bite of a donut that update health call would throw you instantly into crit?

That sounds hilariously idiotic.
It wasn't even that long ago