Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic Spit and Right Clicking
When I play SS13, information is important. What is that guy holding in his hand? Does he have thermals under that gas mask? What gun does he have on his belt? These are some of the many questions we ask that can be solved by examining another person using right click.

The problem is that when you are a changeling, that "examine" button is replaced with "Toxic Spit" as the first option when you right click. Not only is this a nuisance, it discourages examining people, while ruining rounds when the changeling is caught immediately due to him trying to spit at someone he was examining. I make a simple plea, which is to move toxic spit to the bottom of the list. It wouldn't be that hard to do so, while it would benefit the game immensely for everyone who is new to the server, or to SS13 in general.
Fun fact: You can use alt+click to examine things. It's much easier.
Jorici Wrote:Fun fact: You can use alt+click to examine things. It's much easier.

Some of us have different preferences. Also holding alt to click takes me away from the optimal position for quick typing "say ;HLWP" the moment the guy with something in his hands uses it to attack me.
This use to kill me more then anything else as changling. Its Evil.
But then I found alt-click and life moved so much faster Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g
Speaking of changeling issues, I haven't been one in forever, but do they still have the system for their powers where it disappears from the list if not applicable/recharged? Because if so, please, switch them over to the wizard system, where it's always there, and also turns into "Ability ©" when it's charging. Nothing is more unbelievably irritating then accidentally clicking regenerative stasis because you double-clicked and neurotoxic sting disappeared after the first, or because you were trying to do something else and a new ability popping back up shifted all the buttons around at the instant you clicked. Unceremoniously faceplanting on top of my victim is really, really annoying.
Also please have it so that toxic spit disappears or is destroyed when it hits stuff. Can't you turn it into a slow moving projectile?
I'm going to do the author a favor and bump this article because this should've been fixed a long time ago. For realsiez.