Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Enriched MSG easier to make.
As interesting a chemical as that would be, repurposing Enriched MSG into it sounds like a dumb idea.

As I understand it, Enriched MSG is just supposed to be a good healing chem that's humorous as well. I'm also getting the vibe it's something that the chef/barman should be able to make, especially since the hint for it on the wiki is simply "Think of really tasty things."

Ten out of the twelve ingredients can be guessed/worked out using that hint, and the eleventh can be easily made behind the bar anyways. But there's no real way to suss out that you need to add anima, short of an admin telling you, or being insane that you would think to try adding that life-stealing chemical thats a pain in the ass to make.

Are we still working on the idea that it's better to balance the more dangerous chemicals behind more difficult recipes versus hoping jerks dont spread the ingredient lists around? Because that's a good idea. But that isn't the case here. Requiring a chemical that requires cooperation from multiple people to make because it can be such a potent grief generator as an ingredient for what looks to be a pretty good, gimmicky healing chem isn't fun, or really feel that fair. Especially to the chefs, since recursive fried food items are frowned upon now.
Secret chemistry grief is exaggerated considering the fact that some of the most dangerous ingredients like black powder, cfl3, and dark matter can be synthesized pretty fast with just a chem dispenser. About the only "secret" chem thing that could be overpoweringly dangerous is the RD's chemi-compiler.
Or you know, you could just make an 11x11 bomb.
Amuys if you're going to 'vent' your 'anger' by posting secret recipes I'm going to punt you off these forums so hard when you wake up you'll be traveling through a different fucking galaxy.
I posted it to show how stupid it was.
Considering the fact that one of the chems that makes it up can revive the dead, I think it should do something more than be a simply stronger ominizine.
And much of the chems got declassified so
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1
Amuys Wrote:And much of the chems got declassified so
One day I will have an account. I will trade for it in tf2 items and "used" socks.

By the way, is it true the "smug" emote is goon-only? Or do goons get the wierd smiley when doing it? Because I can do the emote just fine, armcrossing and all.

Marquesas doesn't care about that because it cost money to see.When the information is posted for everyone FOR FREE, that is where he crosses the line
Iatots Wrote:
One day I will have an account. I will trade for it in tf2 items and "used" socks.

By the way, is it true the "smug" emote is goon-only? Or do goons get the wierd smiley when doing it? Because I can do the emote just fine, armcrossing and all.

it WAS goon only, but since you can no longer get the tenbux medal it's reserved for admins (who have debug rewards) and people who authorized as goons a couple years ago
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Iatots Wrote:

it WAS goon only, but since you can no longer get the tenbux medal it's reserved for admins (who have debug rewards) and people who authorized as goons a couple years ago
Or both! Smug
Revive goonsay 2014.
Marquesas Wrote:Revive goonsay 2014.
Remove Hitler 2014
to be honest, anything SS13 should be on this forum and not hidden from us. It feels like there is a community disconnect when something like this happens and not everyone is on the same page.
pizzatiger Wrote:

Marquesas doesn't care about that because it cost money to see.When the information is posted for everyone FOR FREE, that is where he crosses the line

The Hope u got 10 bux I spent doesn't make me a higher sort of player in SS13. Hell, when the initro recipe was first released on the secrets thread (not even disclosed to the public), it got run into the ground to the point bath salts was no longer sold at the diner. I doubt that game balance would be catastrophically broken when stuff like Rotting or EMSG's recipes are released considering what they do.
I'm getting offtopic here, but much of secret chemistry I think is kinda stupid.
I'd like to note that while initially the secrets thread was your #1 go-to place for finding secret recipes, over time it was discovered that not only it was deliberately pastebinned, but also abused as much as if it wasn't on SA. So no, your point is moot - if it's not declassified on the wiki, don't post it. I'd also like to mention that it really doesn't matter what you think, no, that doesn't entitle you to post secret chem recipes on here much like not considering slurs offensive to the respective discriminated minority does not entitle you to use them. Drop it, accept it, stop derailing the thread or I'll shitcan this discussion.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:To put this in a different perspective: When one of the ingredients (albeit the most foreign ingredient of them all) of a chemical is leagues cooler and more novel than the chemical itself, that's not a very good sign at all.
Really, that's the best point for changing it, more than the game logic aspect.