Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining uranium
Uranium is a chemical that is used in a few recipes, such as Ecto Cooler and a number of secret recipes. But, right now, there are only two sources in the entire game in which one can find this substance: The yellow cake uranium cake in the RD's office, and one very specific flavor of one very specific type of vending machine junk. I find that the idea of stuffing nuclear waste into things is pretty amusing and something I want to do more often, but this frustrating rarity of the chemical makes these shenanigans and the production those aforementioned secret chemicals in any meaningful quantity almost unfairly hard.

Uranium really isn't all that rare in real life, and the complete lack of it in any of the asteroids in space is rather perplexing. I know that a few other servers let you mine uranium along all of their other space-minerals; why not have Goonstation do the same? In addition to being able to use it in chemical reactions, it could make for some very effective (and dangerous) furnace fuel, you could stuff them into pipe bombs to make mini-nukes, you could stage a nuclear blowout, all sorts of other things.
Isn't cerenkite sorta the same thing?

That said I think space dirty bombs would be cool.
The diner sells uranium