Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
allow use of both of the 'Ship' tab and hotkeys
as someone who is left handed i find it kinda awkward to use the pg up/down/end hotkeys with the arrowkeys
The new ship controls have been optimised for wasd usage. Maybe try using wasd? Im right handed but i used to use the arrow keys. But now i use wasd. So I think handedness shouldnt be an issue? Correct me if im wrong
Really, I don't see any reason to NOT have the ship tab stick around.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Really, I don't see any reason to NOT have the ship tab stick around.
honestly, I agree, as much as I enjoy the new weapon keys, its often preferable to have the eject commands and the manual ship interface also.
the new ship controls are annoying because it's suddenly a lot harder to use your hands while inside them. it'd be amazing if it were a toggle, because I often use pgdown/up to manipulate my hands and now I can't
Yes, please keep the menu.
Am I the only one that can see only half the hud for pods?
There is an alternative, which is using the numpad (num 1/3/7/9 correspond respectively for the same keys as Y/C/Q/E in WASD). In any case, I guess the overwhelming opinion is that the ship tab should stay. Fine. I mean it's terribly awkward and bugs out half the time, but sure *shrug.
I like this idea. I would also like a hud button that you can click that fires your pods weapon
Silvercloud29 Wrote:I like this idea. I would also like a hud button that you can click that fires your pods weapon

I have no idea where that would fit. No.
Marquesas Wrote:
Silvercloud29 Wrote:I like this idea. I would also like a hud button that you can click that fires your pods weapon

Wouldn't click both hotkeys have the same effect?
Marquesas Wrote:

you know how you can rotate out your hud icons between abilities and powers? maybe a third tab for "ship" with wormhole, fire, and secondary?
No. If you want to click something to fire, use the verb tab I GUESS. I'm not adding a THIRD WAY to fire that main weapon.
How are you supposed to find out the hotkey for firing the main weapon? I only found out what it was because I clicked 'Fire main weapon' when it was still complaining about being deprecated.
Also without the use of the ship tab you can't switch the cutter blades to the completely broken and non-functioning metal foam sprayer.