Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't research DNA injectors and buggy budget
DNA injectors can't be researched in genetics. Other items may not be researchable as well, but I never remember their names so I couldn't tell. Also the budget doesn't update properly, transferred 10k from shipping to research and it didn't show up on the console, even though it counted on the Bank thing.Did the same later from pyroll and it did show up in genetics, but still no trace of the ghost budget from cargo.
Happened on the round after http://goonhub.com/rounds/24335 on the extended server.
Ok so apparently DNA injectors appear at random times. It could be a feature to nerf genetics NOT YET ON THE CHANGELOG, but I don't know.
Iatots Wrote:Ok so apparently DNA injectors appear at random times. It could be a feature to nerf genetics NOT YET ON THE CHANGELOG, but I don't know.
you need 40 materials to make an injector and you slowly regenerate materials + can reclaim/buy them
I am talking about researching DNA injectors.
I researched everything but them.
The avaible researches list was empty.
Then some gal I don't remember the name of came in and after a while told me they were now being researched, and went on to tell me that she too noticed the injectors research acting wierd and that she figured out it came out at random times. This is always on server two, and if any Admin could check who was playing as geneticist while I was playing there as captain today, we could get her in the thread too. I will try to find her again and direct her here if I can.
are you sure it's a random time thing? It seems to me that it becomes available once you have a certain number of mutations researched.
Injectors are available after you research 20 mutations.

Technically speaking, you unlock them within the first 15 minutes of the round if you are fast enough/have the budget.
I spent over an hour on gene research and made 5 valuechimps just to scan for new genes to combine.
I'll admit I haven't been able to reproduce the bug this past couple of days, maybe some minor update fixed it.
It seems the problem now is monkeys in the scanner appearing outside of it.
I'll try again to reproduce this and maybe adminhelp it when ISN is on.
Iatots Wrote:I spent over an hour on gene research and made 5 valuechimps just to scan for new genes to combine.
I'll admit I haven't been able to reproduce the bug this past couple of days, maybe some minor update fixed it.
It seems the problem now is monkeys in the scanner appearing outside of it.
I'll try again to reproduce this and maybe adminhelp it when ISN is on.
This bug is old as sin.

Basically, pull someone, then put them into a sleeper/cloner/etc. Then click on a tile adjacent to the cloner without moving. THe resulting pull-drag will place them onto the tile despite the game still believing that they are inside the whatever.

I reported this bug ages ago, so it's probably a Known Bug. Just in case it isn't, the steps to reproducing it are the above.