Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player DJ's
It'd be cool if players could play sound clips without having to be granted access by an admin. It pains me when no one is playing any chiptunes or (crummy) rap. So I'll just toss some ideas up. I fully expect this to get shot down.

!!!Ways this could be handled!!!

-Hardcode non admin/DJ rank players with a 1 MB max file size
-Allow the AI to play songs
-Put a secret booth on a telesci area
-Make it some nerdy whitelist thing where you have to apply and say what you think of Shrek
-Have it be completely random from players who set their DJ preferrence to YES in an options menu, so that everyone who wants to DJ gets a turn
I really, really like the idea of there being a radio station with someone as the designated DJ. I do think that the songs available be something relatively non obtrusive. Basically, differently generic themed muzak and elevator tunes. And of course make it an option to mute it all together.
>Put a secret booth on a telesci area

Or in VR, you could have like a lil vr dj booth next to the race track or combat arenas and have vr dance parties.
It'd be neat to set-up a little recording studio somewhere in maintenance for hosting a radio show. Make some mixing desk and mic sprites and have 'em work like an intercom/headset for interviews and other radio chatter. Set aside a frequency for radio broadcasts and midis? However that'd work! I don't know!

Heck, you could just put recording studio sprites in maint somewhere with station-bounced radios and it'd still be fun to dick around playing college radio with the clown.

Radio host would make a cool Special Job too.
As much as I don't like limiting this kind of great idea, I think that making it an application position would make the most sense. That way someone could give examples of what they would play, and people would be able to decide if they trust a person enough to risk giving them the power to make rounds more fun/make ears bleed. I definitely love this idea, but I do think a mute option or a "veto song" vote might be necessary. I love this idea a bunch.
Midi-able jukebox?
(12-14-2014, 02:45 PM)Gannets Wrote: It'd be neat to set-up a little recording studio somewhere in maintenance for hosting a radio show. Make some mixing desk and mic sprites and have 'em work like an intercom/headset for interviews and other radio chatter. Set aside a frequency for radio broadcasts and midis? However that'd work! I don't know!

Heck, you could just put recording studio sprites in maint somewhere with station-bounced radios and it'd still be fun to dick around playing college radio with the clown.

Radio host would make a cool Special Job too.

Good idea, 2014 Gannets!