Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf Mutadone
At the moment you can remove every mutation a person has with only a few units of mutadone.

This means that any negative mutations gained from rad storms, radbows, or traitor geneticists can be cured laughably easy with just one pill. It also means that all the powers geneticists had worked so hard to achieve go right out the window if just a little bit gets into their systems.

I propose that mutadone be required to hit a certain threshold before it'll start removing powers, a minimum of about 20u or so, and then every cycle it has a % chance of removing a random mutation, maybe 20%-35% chance. With this the depletion rate should also go up, to about 1.5u-2u per cycle.

This would make it a bit more difficult to cure negative mutations, shutdown traitor geneticists, and screw over normal geneticists.
If you do this please increase the capacity of a hypospray as I will no longer be able to rapidly de-nerd the genetics department.
Also please have it just disable the power/defect on the person instead of outright removing it. that way geneticists dont lose out on valuable genes due to mutadone smoke.
If at any point more than six different people have superpowers, have Jesus teleport into Genetics and instagib everyone for trying to play God.
A spy approaches the thread...

Something will happen
You're basically just asking for genetics to be smoked with something else like Suicider and ants.

If mutadone is changed please give genetics blast shutters with a button on the outside of the department so we can wall the nerds away. It's not like they ever leave there until the shuttle arrives anyways.
Mutadone now removes a mutation per cycle, instead of the lot of them at once.

This way we will watch the geneticist scum clamber over each other as they struggle to acquire a purgative as they watch their precious superpowers drain out of their feeble bodies. Demonology 101
If I ever decide to mutadone smoke genetics, I'll remember to include some port in the smoke.
Remember there is a line between playing around between departments and griefing.
KikiMofo Wrote:Remember there is a line between playing around between departments and griefing.
This is pretty important.

There's a world of difference between a good, upstanding geneticist and the shitty ones who deserve getting a shot of mutadone every now and then.
You know the smug fucker who runs around jenkemfarting everyone and firing eyebeams? Mutadone he.

The friendly geneticist who does rounds in medbay and keeping the cloner running does not deserve a mutadoning.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Remember there is a line between playing around between departments and griefing.
This is pretty important.

There's a world of difference between a good, upstanding geneticist and the shitty ones who deserve getting a shot of mutadone every now and then.
You know the smug fucker who runs around jenkemfarting everyone and firing eyebeams? Mutadone he.

The friendly geneticist who does rounds in medbay and keeping the cloner running does not deserve a mutadoning.

Also being a jerk is just as likely to provoke the person you're a jerk to as much as it will make you feel better. I like to think everyone is interested in having fun and once someone is a jerk that upsets the fun balance and increases the "Why did you stab that guy and then drag him to medbay asking us to fix him" ratio.