Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VAMPIRE REVAMP (Very Work In Progress Idea) (Rough Draft)
Haine and I tossed around a couple ideas to revamp the vampire antagonist and here's the first rough draft of what we came up with. Please offer ideas/thoughts

THE SCOOP
Power families:
I. Blood Control
II. Blood Expansion
III. Blood Magic
IV. Blood Summoning
Four "families" of powers and four "tiers" for each family
- You can only access Tier 2/3 of Blood ____ if you have the Tier 1/2 of Blood ____
- You get one "level up" for every 500 units of blood consumed
- Each "blood level up" you get allows you to unlock 1 power
- On spawn, you pick 1 power family to permanently lose access to
- You start with Tier I of each power family you're allowed

Preferred Blood Type:

- A randomly assigned blood type is "delicious" to the vampire. Heals damage and offers 1.25 times the blood points when consumed (People looking through medical records for B+ blood are supicious!!)

BLOOD CONTROL
Hypnotize --> Still Blood (Tier 1 Power) (I)
- Gives them a temporary heart failure that cause oxyloss (they can't breathe! Therefore cannot call for help) (Requires Touch)

Freeze Blood (Tier 2 Power): (I)
- Completely stops their heart (requires touch)

Blood Puppet (Tier 3 Power): (I)
- Temporarily turn a single target into a hostile NPC for a number of seconds equal to 1/10 their amount of blood * rand(1,2) (e.g., at 500 blood, 50-100 seconds, at 250 blood, 25-50 seconds) They take 1 bruteloss every second they are a puppet (Requires Touch)

Thrall (Tier 4 Power): (I)
- Someone's blood permanently obeys you! They are a mindslave to your whims! (Requires Touch)

BLOOD EXPANSION
Spell: 'blood walking'?? something like that (Tier 1 Power) (II)
- lets out some bloodsmoke that you can't slip on yourself/makes you unable to slip on blood in general while it's active?
- flee, flee, run away

Boil Blood (Tier 2 Power): (II)
- Deal 0.2 heat damage for each blood unit the target has (500 = 100 damage) and causes them to evaporate out 1/5 (500 = 100) of their blood (no bleeding damage dealt). Deals a lot of damage but makes them less tasty!! The evaporated blood turns into a red mist and is super obvious (does not leave blood decals) (Requires Touch)

Blood Swelling (Tier 3 Power): (II)
- Target produces ten times as much blood as they usually do and does not stop at the cap of 500. Starts dealing brute damage if they go over a certain amount (Synergizes with blood-damaging powers by making them more powerful, also a great thing to do to a thrall if you want to feed off them without killing them) (Requires Touch)

Blood Pop (Tier 4 Power): (II)
- POP, All of the target's blood explodes out of them. All their blood is gone, a misty vapor. They will probably die soon. Does a base 50 brute as their blood just ripped out of every pore, but that's probably not going to be their primary concern (requires Touch)

BLOOD MAGIC
Gaze --> Chill Blood (Tier 1 Power) (III)
- Deal 0.05 cold damage for each blood unit the target has (500 = 25 damage) and puts their body temperature at 0 (they walk super slow as a result)

Thermal Vision --> Blood Smelling (Tier 2 Power) (III)
- An overlay goes over blood-sucking-eligible targets that can be seen through walls and is a deeper red depending on amount of blood (WHITE IF PREFERED BLOOD TYPE. Tasty!)

X-Ray Vision --> Blood Window (Tier 3 Power) (III)

- Walls with blood decals on them are magically see-through for you. Because magic.

Mist form -> blood form (Tier 4 Power) (III)
- instead of the weird pseudo-phase shift that doesn't work most of the time, you turn into a blood mist thing
- uses blood while you're in the form, leaves a trail of it

BLOOD SUMMONING
Rejuvenate -> Summon Spiders (Tier 1 Power) (IV)
- These cute little spiders LOVE to suck blood, just like you! They are also very nice tailors, and will sew up your wounds in exchange for the tasty treat (You get the "Spiders" overlay, some fast regeneration, and a high blood loss per second while using it) (WARNING: IF YOU RUN OUT OF BLOOD WHILE THE SPIDERS ARE IN EFFECT THEY WILL START EATING YOUR FLESH IN ANGER!!!)

Summon Bats (Tier 2 Power) (IV)
- Dawwww!!!! C: These little guys want to play with your friends! Unfortunately for your "friends", their definition of "play" is savagely biting them

Diseased Touch --> Summon Blacker Widow (Tier 3 Power) (IV)
- Call forth a giant ass spider with a deadly as fuck bite that protects you as if you were a bee-mom. DO NOT MESS WITH SPIDER-MAMA

Chiropteran Screech --> Summon Vampire Bats (Tier 4 Power) (IV)
- Summons 2 Dire Bats that screech when summoned and ravenously suck the blood out of the first poor sap they see
This whole idea is already better than the crappy vampire antagonist we have now.
This is good stuff.
BLUH!

I think changing some of the properties of a vampire would be in order as well. Vampires are supposed to be an undead monstrosity; Vampire Serum even stops your heart as it turns you into one. In-game however they're quite not like that. They're pretty much humans with a peculiar diet and an allergy to space and preachy men. Here's my two cents.

Being one of the Undead:
- Vampires do not need to breathe and can survive without oxygen.
- Vampires have a slight resistance to cold, i.e. it still slows them down but the damage it inflicts is lessened.
- Going out into space still burns the vampire (and maybe boils out his blood reserves). Same thing with the chapel.
- Holy Water in addition to burning vampires, burns out their blood reserves as well.
- Vampires bleed slower than humans, as their heart is not functional.
- Vampires that have not fed recently do not show up on thermals. This would come into effect in dark areas, i.e. maintenance tunnels.

In addition to the family trees, I think every vampire should have some basic abilities they can all use. Maybe:

VAMPIRISM
Blood Smelling (Tier 1 Power)
- Changed to a global ability. Can be also used to track the general location of a certain person, i.e. assassination target.
- An overlay goes over blood-sucking-eligible targets that can be seen through walls and is a deeper red depending on amount of blood (WHITE IF PREFERED BLOOD TYPE. Tasty!)

Count Assistant takes a deep breath.

Shadowstep (Tier 2 Toggleable Power)
- Vampire can fade into shadows if he is standing in a dark place for a time. Kinda like how the chameleon mutation works, except only in certain places.

Count Assistant fades into/steps out of the shadows.

Purge Blood (Tier 3 Power)
- Vampire can choose to purge all foreign matter (reagents) in his bloodstream at the cost of some of his blood.

Count Assistant starts bleeding from every pore of his body! Holy shit!

Heightened Senses (Tier 4 Passive Power)
- Vampire has permanent thermal vision.

Terrifying Presence (Tier 4 Power)
- Everyone in sight range of the vampire when he pops this start dropping their held items and suffer from movement confusion/slowdown. Kinda like how changeling scream works, I guess.

Count Assistant suddenly towers over you, its eyes a burning red glow, fangs bared!
Count Assistant bellows, "BLUH!"

The Blood Magic tree looks kinda weak to be honest, excluding the final power. I'd change it to something like this:

BLOOD MAGIC
Gaze --> Chill Blood (Tier 1 Power) (III)
- Deal 0.05 cold damage for each blood unit the target has (500 = 25 damage) and puts their body temperature at 0 (they walk super slow as a result)

Blood Shield (Tier 2 Toggleable Power) (III)
- Makes a really obvious shield that surrounds the vampire, protecting him from some damage for a time.

Blood Missile (Tier 3 Power) (III)
- Kinda like a combination of Wizard Magic Missile and Ice Beam, except blood. Leaves a trail blood that slips people and stuns briefly if the projectile hits them, the usual.

Mist form -> blood form (Tier 4 Power) (III)
- instead of the weird pseudo-phase shift that doesn't work most of the time, you turn into a blood mist thing
- uses blood while you're in the form, leaves a trail of it

Blood Summoning tree is kinda repeating as well. Maybe getting higher levels of this tree upgrades the starting ones, cutting out some of the repeats?

BLOOD SUMMONING
Rejuvenate -> Summon Spiders (Tier 1 Power) (IV)
- These cute little spiders LOVE to suck blood, just like you! They are also very nice tailors, and will sew up your wounds in exchange for the tasty treat (You get the "Spiders" overlay, some fast regeneration, and a high blood loss per second while using it) (WARNING: IF YOU RUN OUT OF BLOOD WHILE THE SPIDERS ARE IN EFFECT THEY WILL START EATING YOUR FLESH IN ANGER!!!)

Summon Bats (Tier 2 Power) (IV)
- Dawwww!!!! C: These little guys want to play with your friends! Unfortunately for your "friends", their definition of "play" is savagely biting them
When tree is upgraded to level 4 ->
- Summons 2 Dire Bats that screech when summoned and ravenously suck the blood out of the first poor sap they see

Diseased Touch --> Summon Blacker Widow (Tier 3 Power) (IV)
- Call forth a giant ass spider with a deadly as fuck bite that protects you as if you were a bee-mom. DO NOT MESS WITH SPIDER-MAMA

Summon Blood Golem (Tier 4 Power) (IV)
- Creates a golem made out of blood. It coats the floor in blood as it walks around and has a chance of causing some of the old diseases when it punches you, like Grave Fever or MRSA. Explodes into a cloud of blood when killed.
- Maybe has a chance to create a Bloodling instead of the golem.
Do people already contain 500 units of blood and die before you can harvest them all or are you planning on increasing their blood amount because abilities are going to require more blood?
This is just me asking because never got to be vampire but one time long ago.
Also about thermal vision overlay for targets, I ( and probably many others) still have no idea about overlay limitations and other stuff, as seen in that thread for thermal unnerfing that died a while ago http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3987. I know /tg/ limited their overlays to three (unconscious black for, damage jelly and one extra), did Haine give you any clarification about that?
---------
Back at suggestions:

a must have power
Bat form:transform in a space bat, increasing speed, letting you pass above the heads of human/mobs and possibly travel through space. Costs blood to transform and maintain, but makes you incredibly frail in this form. Dying reverts you back to a stunned vampire man. Possibly have an exclusive vampire chat in :u ltrasounds with other bat vampires?

Achieving level 4 powers should get you vampire mutations too.
Bat nose for enhanced blood smelling
Bat ears to stand out and/or communicate with other eaared vampires/vampires in bat form

On Xavieris suggestions
Purge blood / blood smelling seems like a neat idea, but blood missile, golem, shield are way to similar to the wizards abilities, and Terrifying presence is basically the screech without window shattering, which I think Haine/Ursula are trying to phase out (and I kinda agree).
Spam Celerity and Potence. Win.
Amuys Wrote:Spam Celerity and Potence. Win.
what?
I've noticed the removal of anything that can deal with stuns.

If vampires are going to choose a power family they can't use, then maybe the power families should be split into stealth, crowd control, etc? Always being weak in one area.

Maybe vampires should be able to boost their stamina too.
Conor12 Wrote:Maybe vampires should be able to boost their stamina too.

Blood Stamina
-assigns 100 blood points to become 300 temporary stamina points (they don't go away but don't regenerate)

Blood Health
- for 60 seconds, all damage is dealt to blood reserves instead of health

Bloodlust
- every time you completely drain a person, you get a permanent +20 increase to maximum stamina and a 1.5x speed modifier for 2 minutes

just tossing some more ideas out, don't know where I'll putv them
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Amuys Wrote:Spam Celerity and Potence. Win.
what?
VtMB man, cmon.
http://wiki.rpgclassics.com/index.php?t ... isciplines
Not so keen about the Blood Expansion tree. Seems to be a path that focuses on doing increasingly large amounts of damage/aiding in blood-farming a single target, but the lower tier powers from other paths can already accomplish that fairly easily. Also the Blood Magic does seem a little weak, but Xavieri's suggestions do lean a little too close to wizardry. Seems like Blood Magic is meant to be the stealthy path, but most of the Blood Magic abilities allow you to find targets easily, but don't do a lot to keep you stealthy until Mist Form.
what if blood swelling increased the regen rate so high they would probably die of the brute damage even with you trying to eat them

this would lead to hilarious situations where people are scalpeling themselves try to let out their blood before they die of it, and so vampires don't have infinite amounts of blood to drink before the body goes could and untasty