Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Buff the Scalpel and Circular Saw
as it stands now they do horribly bad amounts of damage and could stand to do more than just 1 damage per hit
On the one hand, the fact that weapons of comparable pointiness such as glass shards do far superior damage isn't very internally consistent.

But on the other hand, having all of the surgical tools nicked because some people want a weapon to tout around makes for very frustrated doctors.
i'm pretty sure you can make more in the robotics fabricator
I'd argue that a palm-sized super sharp shard of glass would deal a lot more damage thrust into you than a small scalpel

how about making scalpels some kind of precision weapon? aim at different body parts for small chances to do slightly different kinds of special effects.
Scalpels, knives, saws, and to a lesser extend glass, etc (pointy things in general) do a significant amount of bleeding damage. I know this because I was cornered by a borg with a scalpel who just went to town on me, while he didn't do any significant damage, the blood loss was catastrophic
I always carry a knife and/or a scalpel with me now.

The knife is for dealing actual damage and bleeding, wheras the scalpel is for removing a downed person's blood at an absolutely ridiculous rate.

9 times out of 10 (in my experience) severe bloodloss will debilitate and kill someone before they can reach bandages/sutures.

I honestly believe that the saw and scalpel should not have a buff in brute damage because the bleeding they cause is only slightly less dangerous than standing in space without internals.

UrsulaMejor Wrote:I'd argue that a palm-sized super sharp shard of glass would deal a lot more damage thrust into you than a small scalpel

how about making scalpels some kind of precision weapon? aim at different body parts for small chances to do slightly different kinds of special effects.

That, I can behind.
I stabbed myself five times with a scalpel. It only did 5units of blood loss, but five minutes later I was fainting and couldn't breathe and stuff, and died horribly despite a medic trying to put some blood back in me. I was actually trying to see if blood loss would go down by itself, and it does, but really really slowly. It stayed at 5 until I had lost 200 units of blood, then dropped to 4, then when I was fainting at ~250 blood it dropped to 3, that was when I had all the dying issues. Clotting: Not going to save you, it turns out. Pretty sure one bandage would have done me a world of good though, that's something I would have tested if I weren't dying. Should probably get round to that next time.

Scalpel needs to have low damage anyway, for surgery. Don't need to be brutally murdering everyone who is already full of staples or needs an arm removed.
They may not do much damage but they are fantastic tools for rogue borgs to use to make sure you lose so much blood that you can't do anything at all. I think they're pretty debilitating as is right now, especially with the change to make you slip on blood.
Not totally related, but if you intentionally get cut and then bandaged you get a cool shiny new bandaged chest sprite you can show off with the boxer suit.
Ya. the bleeding damage scalpels inflict is nuts. The body contains 500u of blood, and the max bleeding is 10u per tick. Just cut them up a bunch and focus on stopping them from healing or escaping rather than trying to directly damage them.