Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything breaks when you flip the server sideways
As recently tested and shown by Haine and the other admins, flipping the entire map by 90 degrees will cause a massive lagfest, break peoples interfaces, and completely ruin several tiles, including but not limited to: The SS13 logo, arrivals shuttle, arrivals, and the pool.
feature
Not a bug per se. It's just the side-effect of using an entirely gimmicky proc that shouldn't really be used often/ever.
I'm no coder, so correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the problem is that basically all of the direction-sensitive code in the original station mechanics is suddenly faced with the fact that up isn't up anymore, and they basically throw a complete fit trying to figure it out again.

Also, this thing's code is a bit of a Jenga tower as is. Ever tried turning a really tall Jenga tower 90 degrees? Probably not, but if you do, shit's liable to get bad.
Well, I gotta clear this up then. It's not the jenga tower that gets rotated 90 degrees. It's your head. The gimmick itself literally sets a single variable on every client and BYOND handles the rest.

And on that note, it has nothing to do with whatever lag you were experiencing, however, yes, I can imagine your interface goes haywire.
Wire Wrote:Not a bug per se...
I heard feature, sticking this in features since it apparently won't be fixed.