Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizzare Crash bug
I've been playing a bit the past two days, and I've recently been having bizzare crashes on a round to round basis. These aren't your normal run of the mill crash where suddenly everything including you freezes and then after a minute it says you've disconnected, as that would be client side.

Now, in my situation I am having moments where my character will become completely unresponsive, while everybody will continue to move around me, in other words I am definitely receiving server data as my character is nonresponsive, as otherwise the chaos of the round would not be showing on my screen. However, despite this my character will still get a disconnect after about a minute, suggesting the server is no longer acknowledging my computer or data as actually reaching the server. After about 30 seconds it'll disconnect and reload me in, and things will work as intended until it happens again after x period of time.

I strongly suspect this issue is server side or byond side as a result. Post here if you have similar crashes or suspect you know why/are a coder/admin.
Have you tried checking your connection for packet loss? Something similar happened to me when I was experiencing packet loss on my connection.
BeardedElectron Wrote:Have you tried checking your connection for packet loss? Something similar happened to me when I was experiencing packet loss on my connection.
Huh, any suggestion as to how to go about doing this? I tried testing my router for packet loss but couldn't find any hole large enough to shove it into, now I have ketchup covering my router and no answers still...
Now this is a long shot but, Sam you still get this bug?
Hi ! Its been a while since this post is dead but i can affirme that i got exactly the same bug actually.

So if you have a solution, i take it ! ^^