Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dismemberment does not cause bleeding
Unless you're hit by shrapnel during an explosion, you will not bleed if you lose a limb.

How to recreate:

1)Find your nearest Unabomber fanatic
2)Get caught in an explosion
3)Lose one or more limbs but do not bleed because the explosion somehow cauterized the wound.
im pretty sure this has been a thing for a long while, actually. i've not had to weld my stump wound shut the past couple times an explosion blew my limbs off.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:im pretty sure this has been a thing for a long while, actually. i've not had to weld my stump wound shut the past couple times an explosion blew my limbs off.

Well, with the implementation of the new blood system it would only make sense to lose at least a good portion of your blood after having your arms and/or legs blown off.
I recall hearing from somewhere (I can't remember the source, so don't take this for 100% true) that the loss of a limb doesn't actually cause anywhere near as much bleeding as one might expect, because the veins in one's body actually go "oh shit wait there isn't a thing there that needs blood anymore" and so they stop bleeding and actually contract into the stump.

However, the loss of SOME blood would only make sense.
It would actually cause severe arterial bleeding.
Winklabom Wrote:
LinkDaWolf Wrote:im pretty sure this has been a thing for a long while, actually. i've not had to weld my stump wound shut the past couple times an explosion blew my limbs off.

Well, with the implementation of the new blood system it would only make sense to lose at least a good portion of your blood after having your arms and/or legs blown off.

yeah, i know. i'm just saying this is a bug that's been around for a while + confirming that i've seen it happen too
obviously spacemen limbs work like mr potato head dolls.

[Image: gWBKxzt.jpg?1]
this is a feature request you fucking idiots