Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec Helmet Cams
Have sec versions of the science helmet cam available in sec lockers.
you can already view every damn security camera in the station from the comfort of the lobby, adding them to every officer would just make them impossible to gank, I vote no...
Amuys Wrote:Have sec versions of the science helmet cam available in sec lockers.

yes. there is literally no reason this can be a thing. just shade them red and designate them something different on the viewing monitors. Like, SecCam #1 etc.
Sam Guivene Wrote:you can already view every damn security camera in the station from the comfort of the lobby, adding them to every officer would just make them impossible to gank, I vote no...
Name one time helmet cam has stopped a crime.

One time. That's all, just one.
Sam Guivene Wrote:you can already view every damn security camera in the station from the comfort of the lobby, adding them to every officer would just make them impossible to gank, I vote no...
Maybe have a limited number of them or give them less protection than a regular helmet? Besides, any doofus with a screwdriver and a TV can get into the security network and figure out where Pubby McCop is hiding.
i think that just giving sec some red helmet cams is the best way to do this. No need to change anything but the color of the helmets, and add them to the camera list for the viewers. Thats it. no more complicated than that.

Also, you can totally use this to do a COPS gimmick.
if nobody fucking uses the damn security cams now, they sure as hell wont check them consistently with this, I see no point until the community embraces the 25th century security systems
If I may clarify something here, the main reason why no one uses the security cameras is because their interface is janky as all hell.
Yeah if you could scroll through them like the AI can, it would be much more intuitive.
Being able to find corpses as well
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:If I may clarify something here, the main reason why no one uses the security cameras is because their interface is janky as all hell.
Exactly. If the interface was similar to the AI's, the SECAM computer would be used a lot more.

Also, again, COOS gimmick.
I've occasionally borrowed the helmet cam from telescience to do reality show gimmicks.

I think maybe two Sec cam helmets, and maybe a handheld camcorder in the journalist room and one in reporter/actors bags would be a fun idea.

It would act as a boon for sec and traitors, if the channels were publicly available on the TVs.

Also, yes for improving the camera interface.
so that the HoS can send out two rookies, to a highly dangerous area where a person has screamed bloody murder, from the comfort of his chair watchin' telly???

i support this.
There is literally no reason this shouldn't be a thing. It has no effect on sec players either good or ill. If a traitor uses it to watch a sec officer that CHOSE to wear the cam, then that's the sec dudes fault.
Kirex Wrote:so that the HoS can send out two rookies, to a highly dangerous area where a person has screamed bloody murder, from the comfort of his chair watchin' telly???

i support this.
When you put it like this, it actually sounds quite appealing, I'm reconsidering my opinion of it, and wouldn't be too opposed to it.