Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colored Lights
We already have the code for light being special colors, it was suggested in game that painting a lightbulb and putting it into a socket should cause the light to be the color of the paint. It would likely be too complicated for the coding to mix the colors of paints put on it, like red and blue making purple, so overwriting the previous color when repainting the light would be fine. I would, however, love to see a chapel lit with eerie light while a traitor has his body-hiding spot lit with a scary red, just for fun. It'd make for more interesting atmosphere, and likely wouldn't be as laggy as paint is.
But what if you paint a lightbulb black and then plug it in? blacklight'?
neogeo0823 Wrote:But what if you paint a lightbulb black and then plug it in? blacklight'?
A thousand times this!
neogeo0823 Wrote:But what if you paint a lightbulb black and then plug it in? blacklight'?
It could work as a blacklight, or could serve to disable the light without turning a switch or blowing the room out. Have people freak out about power shortages, meanwhile you're running about with your can of paint, giggling like an idiot.
Funny story, lights and light bulbs already support color. There's just no way for the players to make colored light bulbs!

My bad!

I'll throw them in a fabricator or QM crate or something I guess.

I actually added blacklights a couple days ago. Look at the list on the General Manufacturer.