Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinding is fucked
Beepsky's been unable to work out how to get to the vast majority of his route for a while now, just endlessly patrolling from the pool to the courtroom, getting stuck and skipping about 20 destinations before giving up and just heading back to the pool, meaning the top left corner of the station is very secure but the rest of it is on its own. But it's worse than that.

Today I saw a medibot trying to reach someone. They were at the end of an escape corridor, on the inside, and the medibot was around the top. It got to the point where it was just around one corner, all it had to do was take one step to the side and it would have had a straight line right to the guy. It just could not grasp that idea. And it was trying to get to him the whole time, cause as soon as he dragged himself to it it started injecting him.

Please, please make the robots not be totally broken. I'm sure they used to be better at getting from place to place.
Dabir Wrote:Beepsky's been unable to work out how to get to the vast majority of his route for a while now, just endlessly patrolling from the pool to the courtroom, getting stuck and skipping about 20 destinations before giving up and just heading back to the pool, meaning the top left corner of the station is very secure but the rest of it is on its own. But it's worse than that.

Today I saw a medibot trying to reach someone. They were at the end of an escape corridor, on the inside, and the medibot was around the top. It got to the point where it was just around one corner, all it had to do was take one step to the side and it would have had a straight line right to the guy. It just could not grasp that idea. And it was trying to get to him the whole time, cause as soon as he dragged himself to it it started injecting him.

Please, please make the robots not be totally broken. I'm sure they used to be better at getting from place to place.

Yes, I have noticed for sometime as well that a number of secbuddies are arriving at the bar with dead batteries or sad faces because they are unable to reach their destination even with no missing tiles. Also of course floor bots are still flaming pieces of shit that would rather instead of filling holes make entirely new tiles outside of the station blast zones, very annoying.