Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's beakers.
Pouring from containers with a tight grip acts as if the entire beaker (-10, actually) were dumped on the target with regards to touch reactions, while still only using ten units of reagent.

Pour ten units from a 100 unit beaker of synthflesh?

"ARISE, MY SON!"

Recreated with any skin penetrating chem and a beaker. Fill up with X, tighten grip, pour on self, scan, "HOLY CRAP WHERE DID 40u CURARE COME FROM?"
This is why taking some of the reserve tanks from medical and using them post surgery heals you up so fast.10u of styptic shouldn't be able to heal you up that easily but because of this it does, so I suppose I'm just offering backup data.
FishDance Wrote:This is why taking some of the reserve tanks from medical and using them post surgery heals you up so fast.10u of styptic shouldn't be able to heal you up that easily but because of this it does, so I suppose I'm just offering backup data.

it's a good problem to have. smile
Does this only heal as much as is in the beaker?

In other words, if I take a full Large Beaker of styptic, grip it, and pour it, it'll heal like 100 units of styptic.

If I then take the 90u beaker, grip it, and pour it, will it heal like 90 units? Or will it still heal like 100 units?
It will heal or 'touch' you with the full contents of the beaker at the time of pouring. Ignore the part where I said it hits you with the full contents minus ten, that was a mistake on my part.

Currently, if you pour ten units out of any sized beaker filled with, say, forty units of X chemical, you will hit with however much was in the container at the time, as if you had just dumped the whole thing, but you still keep the remainder.
Does this apply to acids? If so, we've got a big problem on our hands.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Does this apply to acids? If so, we've got a big problem on our hands.
sadly, it does not seem to frown
I found the root cause of this. Once I work up the energy to fix it I will.
Rip Lazarus beakers then.